ENGLAND are up against Argentina in their opening match of the Rugby World Cup 2023 next week.
Steve Borthwick's side have been dismal so far in their preparation for the sport's showpiece event.
They lost in humiliating fashion to Fiji last weekend and there are fears their World Cup campaign could go horribly wrong.
And they won't be buoyed by Argentina's pre-World Cup form, as the South American side have beaten Australia and came close to upsetting South Africa.
England will also be without captain Owen Farrell for their first two pool games after being suspended following a high tackle on Taine Basham.
The two sides played each other in a pool game at the 2019 World Cup too, with England coming out on top 39-10.
RUGBY WORLD CUP
Hosts take on All Blacks in thrilling Rugby World Cup opener
I’m a former Rugby ace but now I’m a DJ & married to the daughter of TV legends
When is England vs Argentina?
- England's big clash with Argentina will take place on Saturday, September 9.
- The game will kick off at 8pm BST, 9pm local time.
- England vs Argentina will be held at the Stade de Marseille.
What TV channel is it on and can it be live streamed?
- England vs Argentina will be shown live on ITV 1 in the UK.
- You can live stream the action on the ITV X app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
Can I watch for FREE?
England vs Argentina is available for FREE on ITV 1, so long as you have a valid TV licence.
Most read in Sport
Inside sordid rise of Spain FA chief including 'party orgy with 10 women'
Newcastle captain is punched in shocking brawl as thugs 'threaten to shoot him'
Salah 'WANTS Saudi move', Nunes goes on STRIKE, Chelsea 'to let Lukaku leave'
Man Utd consider shock transfer for Hojbjerg but fans fume 'that's enough'
- Forwards – Dan Cole, Ellis Genge, Joe Marler, Bevan Rodd, Kyle Sinckler, Will Stuart, Theo Dan, Jamie George, Jack Walker, Ollie Chessum, Maro Itoje, Courtney Lawes, George Martin, Tom Curry, Ben Earl, Lewis Ludlam, David Ribbans, Billy Vunipola, Jack Willis
- Backs – Danny Care, Ben Youngs, Alex Mitchell, Owen Farrell (captain), George Ford, Marcus Smith, Elliot Daly, Ollie Lawrence, Joe Marchant, Manu Tuilagi, Henry Arundell, Max Malins, Freddie Steward, Jonny May
- Forwards – Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro, Francisco Gómez Kodela, Joel Sclavi, Thomas Gallo, Eduardo Bello, Julián Montoya (captain), Agustín Creevy, Ignacio Ruiz, Matías Alemanno, Tomás Lavanini, Guido Petti, Facundo Isa, Pablo Matera, Juan Martín González, Santiago Grondona, Marcos Kremer, Rodrigo Bruni, Pedro Rubiolo
- Backs – Gonzalo Bertranou, Tomás Cubelli, Lautaro Bazán Vélez, Santiago Carreras, Nicolás Sánchez, Santiago Chocobares, Lucio Cinti, Jerónimo de la Fuente, Matías Moroni, Emiliano Boffelli, Mateo Carreras, Rodrigo Isgró, Juan Cruz Mallía, Martín Bogado, Juan Imhoff
Source: Read Full Article