<\/p>\n
An arrest warrant has been issued for Dallas Cowboys rookie Sam Williams<\/strong>, TMZ Sports<\/strong> has learned … over his alleged role in a violent car crash last month.<\/p>\n
The Plano Police Department tells us the misdemeanor warrant is for reckless driving … though further details surrounding the allegations against Williams were not made immediately available.<\/p>\n
According to a police spokesperson, “at this time, there is no plan to find and arrest” Williams … as the 23-year-old football player “has been contacted to turn himself in.”<\/p>\n
Per the spokesperson, though, if Williams is stopped by police before he turns himself in, “he would be arrested then.”<\/p>\n
As we reported, Williams slammed his black Corvette<\/strong> into another vehicle at around 2:15 PM in Plano, Texas on Dec. 22. Pictures from the scene showed the collision caused serious damage<\/strong>, leaving debris all over the roadway.<\/p>\n
<\/p>\n
Thankfully, neither Williams nor the other driver were seriously injured in the crash … but the Dallas pass rusher did end up missing one game following the wreck.<\/p>\n
Williams addressed the accident with reporters a few days afterward, and said he was “thankful” to still be alive.<\/p>\n
<\/p>\n
“You’re looking at the [totaled] car like, man, but God works in mysterious ways,” he said. “I know He has something in store for me.”<\/p>\n
It’s not yet clear if the warrant will impact Williams’ availability for the team’s playoff game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Monday.<\/p>\n
The rookie has been a standout for the team this year, recording four sacks and three fumble recoveries.<\/p>\n
Source: Read Full Article<\/a><\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"