Stab victim of Streatham terrorist remains in hospital

Stab victim of Streatham terrorist remains in hospital as police reveal they have interviewed more than 100 witnesses, scoured through hours of CCTV footage and seized 250 pieces of evidence

  • Terrorist Sudesh Amman was shot dead by officers after the attack on February 2
  • He stabbed one man in his 40s who remains in a critical but stable condition 
  • Two women also injured during the attack have been discharged from hospital

One of the victims of the Streatham terrorist remains in hospital as police reveal the lengths they have already gone to in their investigation.

The man in his 40s, who was stabbed during the attack in south London on February 2, remains in a critical but stable condition.

Two other women who were also injured – one in her 50s who was stabbed and one in her 20s who was injured by glass following the discharge of a police firearm – were previously discharged from hospital.

One of the victims of the Streatham terrorist remains in hospital as police reveal the lengths they have already gone to in their investigation. Pictured: Sudesh Amman’s body after being was shot dead by officers at the scene

Sudesh Amman was shot dead by officers after grabbing a knife from a shop and attacking his victims in south London. 

The 20-year-old, who was wearing a fake suicide belt, had been jailed for possessing and distributing terrorist documents in December 2018 but was freed automatically halfway through his sentence on January 23.

Sudesh Amman, 20, (pictured) was shot dead by officers after grabbing a knife from a shop and attacking his victims in south London 

Amman was put under 24-hour police surveillance on his release after it is understood security services regarded him as an ‘extremely concerning individual’ and an armed police team was tailing him on the day of the attack.

Police say that they have so far interviewed more than 100 witnesses, scoured through hours of CCTV footage and seized 250 pieces of evidence during their continued investigation into the attack.

Searches at an address in Streatham and another in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, have also been carried out.

Commander Richard Smith, head of the Metropolitan Police’s Counter Terrorism Command, said: ‘We continue to carry out extensive enquiries and our focus remains on ensuring there is no wider threat connected with this incident. 

‘However, we are confident that this was an isolated incident and we have found nothing to suggest that this was anything other than the attacker acting completely on his own.

‘Whilst we’ve already spoken to many people who witnessed the attack, we are still keen to speak with anyone who may have seen what happened last Sunday and who may have information that could still be useful to our enquiries. 

‘To that end we will have officers in the Streatham area on Sunday – a week on from the attack – giving out appeal leaflets and speaking with members of the public.’

Police say that they have so far interviewed more than 100 witnesses, scoured through hours of CCTV footage and seized 250 pieces of evidence during their continued investigation into the attack. Pictured: Scene at Streatham High Road, south London

Officers have also carried out searches at an address in Streatham and another in Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire

Officers will be visiting the Streatham High Road area on Sunday, February 9 to hand out leaflets and appeal to anyone who may have witnessed the incident but has not yet come forward.

The Metropolitan Police said they are co-operating with the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Anyone with information that could assist with the investigation can call police in confidence on 0800 789 321. 

Source: Read Full Article