MEGHAN Markle and Prince Harry claim the Queen SNUBBED them by cancelling an overnight stay at Sandringham amid Megxit.
In a new bombshell clip from the Oprah interview, the Duke says the Queen invited the pair to stay with her on January 6 last year- but revoked the invitation the moment they landed in Britain.
👑 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news...
The Duke of Sussex said his grandmother, Her Majesty, had personally invited them to Sandringham for a “chat, tea, and dinner,” and to stay the night because it’s a “long drive".
It came as they flew back from Canada for the first time since fleeing Britain for their new life – and just two days before The Sun exclusively revealed Megxit.
Harry and Meghan had been staying in Vancouver – where they spent Christmas together – as the tense details of Megxit were thrashed out with the palace.
On January 6, the Queen told the pair that the “moment they land” they should go and see her in Norfolk.
But Prince Harry claims the invitation was dramatically revoked when they arrived in the UK.
Prince Harry told Oprah Winfrey in the new bombshell clip: “The moment we landed in the UK, I got a message from my private secretary Fiona, cutting and pasting a message from the Queen’s private secretary.
“Basically saying, please pass along to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex that he cannot come to Norfolk.
“The Queen is busy. She’s busy all week.”
He went on to explain that when he called the Queen up from Frogmore Cottage, she said that she had something in her diary “that she didn’t know she had.”
Prince Harry candidly told Oprah: “I didn’t want to push because I kind of knew what was going on.”
When asked whether the Queen, as the head of the family, could just do what she wanted, the Duke responded: “When you’re head of the firm, there are people around you that give you advice.
“And what has also made me really sad is some of that advice has been really bad.”
Two days later, Harry and Meghan made a statement on Instagram on January 8 2020 announcing their decision to quit Royal life.
The new unseen clip comes as…
- Meghan broke down as she revealed 'I didn't want to live anymore'
- Meghan claimed Kate made HER cry in row over flower girl dress
- Harry and Meghan married three days before their wedding at Windsor Castle
- Meghan said Archie wasn't made a prince after talks about his skin colour
- Pregnant Meghan revealed she is expecting a GIRL
- The 39-year-old told Oprah the Queen was 'always wonderful to me'
- Prince Harry said his brother is 'trapped' in the Royal Family
- A body language expert revealed Harry 'suppressed anger' when talking about being hurt by his family
- Meghan was apparently left gutted when the Queen would not let her and Harry live in a wing at Windsor Castle
- Archie's favourite word is 'hydrate' the proud parents revealed
- Princess Diana would’ve been ‘very angry about how this panned out’, says Prince Harry
- The Queen and Prince Philip were NOT the royals who expressed concern about Archie's skin colour, an expert has said
- Meghan Markle reveals Fergie taught her how to curtsy and claims she never Googled Harry before they met
This is the latest allegation made against members of the Royal Family during the Sussexes' explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.
During the tell-all two-hour interview, Meghan Markle said Archie wasn't made a prince after "concerns and conversations" about "how dark" his skin would be when he was born.
The Duchess of Sussex said there had been conversations with Prince Harry and a "family" member about their unborn son and what colour his skin would be – and "what that would mean or look like".
But the 39-year-old declined to say who had started those conversations, saying it would be "damaging" for them.
She also revealed she had felt suicidal and "didn't want to be alive anymore" after joining the royals.
Speaking to Oprah, Meghan said the concerns had been raised at the same time that the future parents were told Archie would not receive security as he was not a prince.
She said: "All the grandeur around this stuff is not really important to me.
"But in those months when I was pregnant, all around same time: we have in tandem he won’t be given security, a title and also concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he’s born."
Asked whether there were concerns that her child would be “too brown” and that would be a problem, Meghan said: “If that is the assumption you are making, that is a pretty safe one.”
Prince Harry confirmed he had been involved in the conversations but said he would never share the details.
Meanwhile, the Duke said that Princess Diana would have been "very angry" about how the drift from the Royal Family has panned out.
He revealed that his mother – who had her own split from the Firm when he was just a child – only ever wanted her son to be happy.
Prince Harry said during the prime-time bombshell interview with Oprah: "My mum would feel very angry about how this has panned out and very sad.
"Ultimately, all she’d ever want is for us to be happy.
"We didn’t want to turn our backs on the associations and the people we were supporting."
Meghan Markle also likened herself to the Little Mermaid's Ariel, saying she married a prince and lost her voice just like the Disney character.
MEGXIT DRAMA: DID THE QUEEN SNUB HARRY AND MEG?
December 2019 – Megxit details secretly thrashed out between Harry and Meghan and Buckingham Palace aides
Early January 2020– Queen invites Harry and Meghan to stay at Sandringham as they fly back from Canada
January 6, 2020 – Queen allegedly "revokes offer" as aides say she is "too busy" all week to host them
January 8, 2020 – The Sun exclusively reveals Megxit details
January 8, evening – Harry and Meghan make a formal statement on Instagram announcing the decision to quit royal life
The Duchess told the talk show host she had an epiphany when she watched the Disney movie and saw parallels between Ariel and her own life since meeting her real-life prince.
She also said that "everything changed" after a confrontation with Kate Middleton over the bridesmaid dresses in the lead up to her wedding.
The Duchess of Sussex said she had been the one left in tears – saying it had been difficult to see a "narrative that didn't happen" surface six months after the ceremony.
And speaking to Oprah, Meghan said: "The narrative with Kate, which didn't happen, was really, really difficult and something that I think that's when everything changed really."
In November 2018, it was reported “Meghan left Kate in tears” over her demands for Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaids dress during a “stressful” fitting.
It was then subsequently claimed that the “rift” began when Kate said the bridesmaids should follow royal protocol by wearing tights which Meghan disagreed with.
And the bombshell interview also revealed that Meghan and Harry had in fact got married THREE days before their official royal wedding.
Meghan: “Three days before our wedding, we got married. No one knows that.
"But we called the archbishop, and we just said, ‘Look, this thing, this spectacle is for the world, but we want our union between us’.
“So, like, the vows that we have framed in our room are just the two of us in our backyard with the archbishop of Canterbury.”
Meghan and Harry also used the prime-time interview to reveal the gender of their baby, due to be born in the summer.
Harry said during the broadcast: "It's a girl. Amazing. Just grateful, to have any child, any one or any two would have been amazing.
"But to have a boy and then a girl, you know, what more can you ask for?
“But now, you know, now we've got our family. We've got, you know, the four of us and our two dogs, and it's great.”
This morning, responses have been mixed after people across the world stayed up to watch the Oprah interview broadcast in the US.
Members of Parliament, former Firm employees, and royal experts have expressed how serious and shocking the claims made during the interview are.
But others have slammed the royal couple for "attacking the monarchy."
Royal expert Robert Jobson said today: "This was a performance from beginning to the end.
"Self-indulgent and selfish. They have disrespected to our country.
"They have both made some very serious allegations and know they Monarchy can't fight back. The entire interview did not respect the Queen.
'ATTACKING THE MONARCHY'
"They have attacked the institution of the monarchy. It is not showbiz. This is a gross insult to the British people."
Penny Junor, a Royal author, told BBC Radio 5 Live today that the interview was "damaging to everyone in the British Royal Family" and doesn't understand why it was given when they said they wanted privacy.
She said: "This is hardly private – they could have walked away and they could have just kept quiet about it all.
"Why does the world need to know this?"
She added that "quite a lot more" that could be said from the Palace about bullying complaints but that "it just becomes a really undignified tit-for-tat."
Shadow Education Secretary Kate Green said this morning that the allegations made against the Royal Family are "really distressing and shocking."
Ms Green added: "And if there are allegations of racism, I would expect them to be treated by the Palace with the utmost seriousness and fully investigated.
"I'm sure that the Palace will be thinking very carefully and I certainly think people will be wondering what is going to be said.
"But there's never any excuse in any circumstance for racism and I think it's important that action is taken to investigate what are really shocking allegations."
Source: Read Full Article