MEGHAN and Harry's daughter Lilibet has FINALLY been listed in the royal line of succession – seven weeks after her birth.
But the official web page for the Duchess of Sussex on royal.uk still lists Meg as a mum of one.
Little Lili Mountbatten-Windsor was born on June 4 in the US and is eighth in line to the throne.
But until today, the official website had yet to recognise her birth on the official line of succession – as exclusively reported by The Sun.
The website, which helps keep the public up to date on matters relating to the House of Windsor, was this morning still listing Prince Andrew as eighth in line.
Lilibet's name had been entirely absent from the list. She has now been listed under brother Archie, whose name was added just 15 days after he was born in 2019.
Elsewhere, Meghan's official page hasn't yet been updated, instead telling fans: "The Duke and Duchess have one child, Archie Mountbatten-Windsor."
It comes as:
- Prince Harry is desperate to avoid being the ‘new Andrew’ and ‘irrelevant’, a pal claimed
- And his new book deal could harm his dad's ascension to the throne, it's believed
- Piers Morgan branded the Duke of Sussex a ‘hypocritical greedy twerp’ after ‘Prince privacy’ reportedly signed a deal for four books
- An expert claims Meghan struggled to understand her duty to the Queen – and just wanted the 'American dream'
- And Harry's biographer says the memoir is 'revenge for William always having it better'
The bizarre omission comes amid tensions with the Sussexes after Harry launched a media blitz earlier this year.
And ITV's royal editor Chris Ship had suggested the royals were "making a point".
Speaking on his Royal Rota podcast, he said: "You have got to ask what has taken them so long."
🔵 Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest updates
Suggesting all that needs to be done is "hit the paragraph button", he added: "So where's Lilibet? I can forgive them a week or two but a month?"
And he suggested the omission was a "little petulant".
"Is it them saying, 'We will get around to it when ready?'," he said.
"It does feel like to me, maybe, they are making a point."
A spokesman for Buckingham Palace said the Royal Family website is "updated periodically" – and told The Sun this morning: "It'll be updated today."
It's likely divisions between Harry and his family in the UK will only be deepening amid news he has signed a £26million four-book mega-deal.
'SITE UPDATED PERIODICALLY'
Harry's lawyers have denied claims the prince will write a series of memoirs, rather than just the one announced.
But according to reports, the prince and his bride will pen four in total.
Meghan's contribution will reportedly be a 'wellness' book on health living – while one of Harry's books can only be released after the Queen's death, it's claimed.
Legal eagles for the couple initially said they wouldn't be commenting on those claims – but later said they were "false and defamatory" and only one memoir is planned.
That book will be published next year. Harry vowed that it will examine the "highs and lows" of his extraordinary life.
It will arrive during the year of his grandmother's Platinum Jubilee.
The Palace has allegedly been warned they "should be afraid" of what's to come from it.
Meanwhile, royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams fears the "totally unpredictable" Duke of Sussex could use the book as "leverage" against the royals.
'MAYBE ROYALS ARE MAKING A POINT'
Mr Fitzwilliams told The Sun Online: "This book has the potential to be dynamite."
It comes after Harry and Meghan made a series of explosive claims during their interview with Oprah in March.
During the chat, they alleged a senior royal had made racist comments about their son Archie's skin colour – while Meghan claimed Kate made her cry over bridesmaids' dresses.
The Duke then went on to discuss his family in further interviews.
He said he'd been shown "total neglect" for his mental health – and said his father had made him "suffer" during his "nightmare" life as a royal in yet another Oprah production.
Even the naming of his daughter caused a row – after it was alleged he and Meghan hadn't told the Queen they'd be using her private nickname.
Harry threatened legal action against the BBC over claims he didn't ask the Queen for permission.
Source: Read Full Article