Irish couple, 23 and 26, 'carry out vicious knife attack leaving victim with wounds all over his body in Sydney'

A YOUNG Irish couple have been charged over the alleged stabbing of a man in Sydney that left him laying on the floor of an apartment hallway with a partially severed ear.

Patrick Earle, 23, from Kilkenny and girlfriend Katie Murtaugh, 26, from Dublin are in custody after neighbours found 30-year-old Oliver Solan bleeding in the corridor. 

The couple appeared in court today which was told that Earle could face a maximum of 25 years in prison if convicted.

Cops have alleged Earle was involved in an argument with Mr Solan before a group of men were called to the flats via text message and a fight broke out.

Police suspect the Irish national stabbed Mr Solan during the alleged fight, severing his ear in the process.

The gang arrived and Murtagh let them in before going to hide in a bedroom, it is alleged. 

Distressed neighbours called police, who found Mr Solan with multiple stab wounds to his head and body.

Paramedics rushed him to St Vincent's Hospital where he underwent emergency surgery and remains in a serious but stable condition. 

Daily Mail Australia reported that Earle, Murtagh and Solan had been boozing together at an eastern suburbs pub earlier that night before returning to the couple's apartment. 

The glamorous Irish couple were arrested in a nearby street shortly after the wounded man was discovered but the four other men remain on the run with New South Wales Police now appealing for public assistance to track them down.

NSW Police said the four men they wish to speak to are all originally from Ireland.

Police body cam footage shows the moment officers scoured the apartment block looking for the suspects. 

The clip showed blood splattered walls and him lying slumped in a corridor before he was taken out on a stretcher. 

Video shows cops running through nearby streets and jumping fences in the desperate search for the people involved.   

Footage shows Earle being handcuffed and put into the back of an ambulance.

He was taken to Prince of Wales Hospital for treatment for an arm injury before he was charged with wounding a person with intent to cause grievous bodily harm.

Murtagh was arrested at the unit a short time later and charged with aiding and abetting to wound a person. 

Appearing in court via video link, Earle sat quietly wearing a hospital gown and with a bandage over his left ear. 

The court was told he is facing a maximum of 25 years in prison if convicted, with a standard non-parole period of seven years.  

The court heard how Murtagh let the gang into the flat and then hid in the bedroom and allegedshe later dragged the barely conscious victim into the hallway before fleeing the scene.

Along with her boyfriend, she will be held in custody until October 27. 

Photos on social media photos show the Irish couple partying in Sydney. 

Murtagh and Earle are pictured at waterfalls and going on walks exploring in the woods surrounding the harbour city together.

Other images show them dressed up with pals and going to festivals.

Source: Read Full Article