I ordered KFC kid's meal and found what looked like a WORM in my drink – I was physically sick

A MUM says she was physically sick after ordering a KFC kid's meal and finding what looked like a WORM in her drink.

Janine Shaw, 40, was left sickened when she made the gruesome discovery – after already sipping some of her Pepsi.

She had visited the KFC branch in Spytty, Newport, on Wednesday to grab a kid's meal for her lunch.

But after tucking into her chicken meal and washing it down with her Pepsi, the 40-year-old was horrified to see what appeared to be a worm in her drink.

Janine has now vowed to never visit the fast-food giant ever again – and has been "turned off" takeaways altogether.

The council worker had spotted an unidentified creepy-crawly bathing in her drink after removing the lid of her cup.


What you need to know about reheating KFC

Martin Lewis explains how to get FREE food from KFC and Greggs – or get PAID to eat

She said she was physically sick" on her lunch break – and even felt queasy just recounting the story later on.

Janine wrote a damning Facebook post sharing snaps of the 'worm' in a bid to warn other customers to be wary.

The post read: "Feel sick even writing this. KFC Spytty Newport I visited this lunchtime, went through the drive through and I had a children's chicken fillet meal, with Pepsi.

"All was fine with the food, the lid on the drink didn’t have a hole for the straw so I had to take it off.

Most read in The Sun


Spain holiday warning as thousands of passengers miss their flights


Countryfile's Helen Skelton announces split from husband Richie Myler


Piers Morgan issues ‘trigger warning’ to ‘woke snowflakes’ on new TalkTV show


Jeremy Kyle making TV comeback TONIGHT after almost three years off screen

"I started drinking my drink and saw something on the edge of the cup, looking closer it was a tiny worm!

"The texture shape and head was clearly visible! It definitely wasn’t something from the pipes etc.

"I feel physically sick I wouldn’t have even noticed this if I hadn’t had to take the top off, and the small amount I drank I don’t know if there was more in that.

"Also this was meant to be a children's meal and I’m sure a child wouldn’t have stopped to look!

"I have made a complaint to KFC, last time I’m visiting but be aware of their cleanliness!"

I don't think I will ever be able to drink a drink from a fast food restaurant again. It has really turned me off all fast food in general.

It is not known where the bug came from, or exactly what it is.

The mum was left mortified by her experience but admitted she had never had any issues with the KFC branch in the past.

Janine added: "I'm not a regular visitor to be honest, but I have been there on numerous occasions.

"I don't think I will ever be able to drink a drink from a fast food restaurant again. It has really turned me off all fast food in general.

"It did make me physically sick, but I think that was just the thought of what I had ingested.


"I had already drank some of it before I saw it in the cup. It definitely looked like a worm or some sort of bug.

"The drinks machine must have been dirty. While I was waiting for the drive thru I noticed that the store does have a food hygiene rating of 5."

The Spytty branch was awarded the highest food hygiene rating after an inspection in 2019.

Janine said she took her complaint to KFC's head office following the grim addition to her drink – and says she will never be a customer of the Colonel's again.

A KFC spokesperson said: “We’re really sorry Janine was put off her meal – that’s the last thing we want.

Read More on The Sun

Tim Westwood ‘victims reveal they felt “dirty” after he performed sex acts’

Urgent WhatsApp warning as all 2BILLION users told to delete text immediately

"We have very strict hygiene and quality processes at our restaurants and the EHO has confirmed all our procedures were in order.

"We've not had any similar complaints but we never want to leave a guest disappointed, so we’ve reached out to her to make things right.”

    Source: Read Full Article