OSCAR-WINNING actor Kevin Spacey will appear in the Old Bailey TOMORROW charged with four sex attacks.
The star, 62, is accused of committing sexual assaults against three men.
Spacey was charged with four counts of sexual assault and one of causing a person to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent after a probe was launched by the Met Police in 2017.
He is listed to appear at the Old Bailey on Thursday following a Westminster Magistrates' Court appearance in June.
Spacey has not yet entered a plea, but is expected to plead not guilty after his lawyer vowed to "establish his innocence".
Prosecutors claim four of the alleged incidents happened between 2005 and 2008 in London.
Read more UK news
All the promises Tory hopefuls are offering if they win No10
Tory leadership rivals go to battle with at least one eliminated TODAY
The final allegation is said to have happened in 2013 in Gloucestershire.
At the time, the actor was the artistic director of the Old Vic theatre.
A probe into the claims was initially launched by the Met Police in 2017, and Spacey was interviewed under caution in 2019.
He wasn't arrested, but spoke to officers about a number of allegations over the course of four days, it was heard.
Most read in The Sun
Husband in court charged with murder after wife, 29, found dead in undergrowth
Mum praised for ‘amazing idea’ to keep her paddling pool warm
Ed Sheeran’s baby daughter’s VERY unique name revealed after secret pregnancy
Mo lied to my face in front of millions – I've never been prouder of my friend
In May, the CPS announced it had authorised the charges against him.
Speaking to Good Morning America in May, the defendant said: "While I am disappointed with their decision to move forward, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as can be arranged and defend myself against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence."
Spacey was stripped of an International Emmy Award in the wake of the allegations.
His central character in acclaimed Netflix series House of Cards was also killed off after he was axed from the show.
Last month Spacey's defence barrister Patrick Gibbs, QC, said: "Mr Spacey strenuously denies any and all criminality in this case.
'I'LL DEFEND MYSELF'
"He has answered each of these allegations in interview more than three years ago in 2019 in the USA and now he has returned voluntarily in the UK and will continue to do so in order to establish his innocence."
London's Old Vic theatre, where Spacey was an artistic director from 2004 to 2015, apologised after revealing it had received allegations of inappropriate behaviour.
Read More on The Sun
I’m living off green juice after my UC was slashed over a simple mistake
I’m slammed for wearing Primark bras in public but they’re the same as crop tops
Theatre bosses said a "cult of personality" had contributed to the organisation’s failings.
Spacey has denied all allegations against him.
Source: Read Full Article