Boy accused of shooting pupil, 15, in the face with shotgun on school run denies attempted murder

A BOY accused of blasting his ex-pal in the face with a shotgun on the way to school today denied attempted murder.

The 15-year-old victim was left fighting for life after he was shot in Kesgrave, Suffolk, in September last year.

He was airlifted to hospital where his condition was later upgraded to stable – but police confirmed he had been left with life-changing injuries.

The alleged shooter, now 16, who cannot be named for legal reasons, appeared before Ipswich Crown Court today.

He pleaded not guilty to five charges – including attempted murder and wounding with intent.

The teen also pleaded not guilty to possessing a firearm, namely a shotgun, with intent to endanger the life of the victim.

And he denied two further counts of possessing a firearm, namely a shotgun, with the intent to cause fear of violence – one count relating to the shooting victim, and another count relating to another teen who was also allegedly threatened with the gun.

A provisional trial date was set for May 4 at the same court.

Ipswich Crown Court previously heard how a ballistics expert found the victim was blasted with the 12 gauge Beretta Over and Under shotgun from a distance of about five feet.

The boy was arrested around two hours after the shooting five miles away in Ipswich.

A car was seized at the time of the arrest, from which a long-barrelled firearm was recovered.

Both him and the teen were "good pals" for years but were said to have fallen out.

Friends described the victim as a "lovely lad" and a "normal kid" who enjoyed music and being a Scout.

Giving an update on the boy's condition in October, Suffolk Police said: “The victim currently remains in intensive care at Addenbrooke's Hospital, with his condition now stable and no longer considered to be life-threatening.

"However, his injuries are life-changing and he is expected to remain in hospital for a considerable length of time.”

Source: Read Full Article