POP superstar Britney Spears has been under conservatorship since 2008, after a series of public meltdowns.
Britney's life and her multi-million-dollar fortune have been under the supervision of her father, Jamie Spears.
🔵 Follow our Britney Spears live blog for the latest updates…
Where is Britney Spears today?
Britney is set to be in Los Angeles on Wednesday, June 23, as she's set to publicly speak out in court on her conservatorship for the first time.
In April 2021, Page Six reported that her attorney, Sam Ingham III, sought permission from Judge Brenda Penny to give Spears a chance to talk.
He told the judge: “The conservatee has requested that I seek from the court a status hearing at which she can address the court directly.”
Adding: “My client asked that it be done on expedited basis.”
Britney will address the court by video at 1:30pm PST, but the court's rules mean fans and followers will not be able to listen to her remarks.
In the days leading up to her court showdown with her father, Britney has been on a tropical getaway with her longtime boyfriend, Sam Asghari.
Britney proclaimed she was "living each day like it's her last" on her recent trip to Hawaii.
Britney Spears timeline
- June 23: Britney will virtually address a Los Angeles courtroom at 1:30pm EST – as she prepares to speak out on her father's controversial conservatorship.
- June 22: The 39-year-old pop singer has been on a Hawaiian getaway with her longtime boyfriend Asghari, as she preps to address the court on June 23.
- June 17: Britney took to Instagram to update fans on the future of her performance career, saying she has "no idea" if she will perform again.
- June 12: The pop star took the IG to share more cryptic videos that showed herself dancing in a pink swimsuit and white boots while showing off her neck tattoo.
- June 2: Britney shared a series of snaps of her dancing in a yellow neon low-cut bodysuit while showing off her "a**."
- May 11: The 39-year-old channeled Mel B's iconic look from her 90s Spice Girls heyday in a series of IG flicks.
- May 3: Britney took to IG to clap back at an overload of documentaries that have surfaced regarding her father's involvement in her finances and life choices, following the release of the new BBC documentary.
- April 27: The singer's attorney Samuel D. Ingham III told the Los Angeles Superior Court that "Britney wants to address the court directly."
- April 18: Britney takes time out of her day to answer some fan questions, and reassures them that she's "extremely happy" and that she is "taking a break" to "enjoy myself."
- April 10: The Hit Me Baby singer posted a throwback photo with her ex-boyfriend, Justin Timberlake – after he apologized for his comments about their breakup.
- March 30: Britney broke her silence regarding the documentary Framing Britney Spears, saying she "cried for two weeks and feels embarrassed and insulted."
- March 25: Britney officially asked a judge to permanently end her father's control over her $60million fortune and personal life.
- March 2: The mother of two shared a rare picture with her sons Sean, 15, and Jayden, 14.
- February 17: The singer opened up about why she shaved her head during her 2007 meltdown with a tattooist moments after the act.
- February 5: The documentary Framing Britney Spears launched in the US.
- January 28: Britney shares an IG video that shows her dancing to her ex-boyfriend Timberlake's song Holy Grail.
What is a conservatorship?
Legal and financial conservatorships are arranged for people who are unable to make their own decisions in their own best self-interest, such as in the case of an elderly person or someone with some kind of cognitive impairment.
Since 2008, Britney has been under conservatorship due to a series of public meltdowns after apparently suffering a mental health crisis.
Source: Read Full Article