Strictly: Janette says Aljaz will be going into show bubble soon
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Karen, 39, was paired with Chris, 34, in 2019, the last pre-Covid series of Strictly Come Dancing which aired. The couple made it all the way to the semi-final but just missed out when they were sent home by the judges of the BBC dance show. Getting to the latter stages of the competition was no mean feat for the comedian, who put his sole focus into mastering the steps of many different performances.
In an interview with Express.co.uk, Chris revealed what lengths he went to in order to show how committed he was to his role.
The comedian explained of his time on the show: “It was so intense. I cancelled all my gigs, I cancelled all other TV work.
“I did Strictly, I did It Takes Two edit and I came home and tried to help out as a father. You fall asleep at five o’clock when you’ve done [training].
“I don’t know how anyone does work at the same time,” he shared before stating how he wouldn’t have changed a thing about his experience.
“I’m glad I did the pre Covid series as well because I felt for the guys who did the [Covid series] but I’m so glad it got to go on telly.”
“I think the world, the country really needed Strictly last year, I think it really helped almost as a morale booster,” Chris added.
“It was phenomenal, I was so impressed that they managed to pull it together, and managed to do it. It was obviously all technical with bubbling people and keeping them away from each other, it must be a nightmare to organise.
“I do feel they slightly missed out because when you go in that studio on Friday [rehearsal day], it’s hug city.
“It’s the most friendly and lovely show and they didn’t get that last year. I just hope they still enjoyed it.”
Don’t know how anyone does [it]
“I hope it gets back to normal because it’s such a lovely show,” he continued and it has been announced his partner Karen will return as a professional this year.
It’s yet to be revealed which celebrities will be showcasing their talents on the dance floor but the professional dancer has hinted at who she would like to partner with.
“A same-sex partner would be incredible. The support behind Strictly’s first same-sex couple last year was extraordinary.
“I can only imagine our wonderful viewers this year would support it just as much, if not more,” she told HELLO! Magazine.
The list of potential contestants continues to grow daily, with the line-up set to be announced next month ahead of a September premiere.
One of the latest names to be added to the list is reigning I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! Champion, Giovanna Fletcher, 36.
According to Coral bookmakers, the author and podcast host’s chances of taking part has been cut from 5/1 to 2/1.
There are also odds already on the table for whether she would win and at 12/1, she could be the first person to win both the BBC and ITV programmes.
Coral spokesperson John Hill said: “Giovanna Fletcher was a huge hit on I’m A Celeb last year and we think she will be back in the spotlight on Strictly in 2021.
“Nobody has ever won both Strictly and I’m A Celeb but we think the 2021 Queen of the Jungle would have a good chance of completing the double.”
There will be some changes to the upcoming season as professional dancer Anton Du Beke, 55, is replacing Bruno Tonioli, 65, on the judging panel.
Janette Manrara, 37, has left her role as a professional dancer, too, as she is the new host of sister show, It Takes Two.
Strictly Come Dancing is scheduled to return later this year on BBC One.
Source: Read Full Article