John Barrowman ‘faces calls to be axed’ from ITV after claims he exposed himself on set

John Barrowman shows off sequinned thong on Lorraine

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.

On Saturday night, Dancing on Ice fans took to social media calling for ITV to sack John Barrowman from the judging panel after he was accused of exposing himself on set. According to reports, the actor repeatedly exposed himself on the set of BBC’s Doctor Who and the spin-off Torchwood. It has also been reported that Doctor Who producer Julie Gardener claimed she had once reprimanded the actor following a complaint about his behaviour while filming for Torchwood.

A runner and a driver, who worked on Doctor Who in the early 2000s, claimed to The Guardian that Barrowman “would get his genitals out [on set] on a regular basis.”

The runner, named as Jenna [not her real name], went on to add to the publication: “He just thought it was really funny.”

The claims come after an old video of Barrowman resurfaced online from 2015 which showed Noel Clarke making jokes about Barrowman exposing his genitals “every five seconds” and “hitting on everything”.

The 54-year-old, who played Captain Jack Harkness in Doctor Who, has since apologised for his behaviour and claimed it was “tomfoolery”.

In a statement to The Guardian, the actor explained: “With the benefit of hindsight, I understand that upset may have been caused by my exuberant behaviour and I have apologised for this previously.”

“Since my apology in November 2008, my understanding and behaviour have also changed.”

Following his apology, Tory MP Alec Shelbrooke has spoken out about the claims and urged Barrowman to step down from his role on Dancing on Ice because it is a family show.

Shelbrooke told The Sun that Barrowman’s “inappropriate” behaviour is not acceptable.

“ITV and the BBC have a responsibility with the standards they set,” the MP explained.

“Dancing on Ice is a family show and ITV shouldn’t be willing to indulge this behaviour in any way.”

ITV and John Barrowman are yet to publicly address the latest reports.

Express.co.uk has contacted ITV and John Barrowman’s rep for comment.

However, a spokesman for ITV confirmed the on-screen talent for the ITV programme would be confirmed nearer to the series.

A former colleague of Barrowman also claimed to The Sun that Barrowman is “renowned” for getting his genitals out no set.

Following the latest claims, Dancing on Ice fans have taken to social media calling for Barrowman to be sacked from the programme.

Others believe the actor should be stripped of his OBE.

One fan raged: “It’s dreadful behaviour from a grown man, it’s not funny, totally inappropriate, disgraceful and inexcusable.

“This actually tells you a lot about the man that thinks he could even do something like that.”

Another tweeted: “From a self-confessed workplace flasher?- eh no thanks, mate. Hope ITV sack you from DOI.

A third penned: “If I exposed myself at work, I’d expect to get the sack and be reported to the police. The same applies for most people but not John Barrowman apparently.”

A fourth wrote: “Bloody hell, sack and jail him. Oh and strip him of his OBE.

“No, John Barrowman; wopping your c*** out in a place of work is not ‘tomfoolery’,” another tweeted. (sic)

“It’s sexual abuse, totally inappropriate and disgusting.”

Other fans have stepped in to defend the star, with one fan tweeting: “Save John Barrowman campaign… Absolute nonsense.”

Another said: “Just reading in today’s newspaper that John Barrowman has been going around on the set of Torchwood with his c*** out. Just standard work banter I’m sure!!??”

A seventh added: “Do ur research. 2008 he apologised about it if so why was he able to do more Torchwood and be back in Doctor Who. Stop listening to the media. It’s years ago. A lot of people digging up old dirt stupid.” (sic)

“It’s bloody years ago he apologised back 2008 only bringing it up now because of Noel Clarke indecent it’s ridiculous,” one commented.

Source: Read Full Article