I'm A Celebrity 2021 – Richard Madeley says Naughty Boy 'looks pathetic' constantly complaining & viewers won't like him

I'M A CELEBRITY star Richard Madeley has opened up on Naughty Boy as the show will return tonight following three days off air.

Richard revealed that Naughty Boy 'looks pathetic' on the outside to fans but is being misunderstood.

Naughty Boy has his reasons for moaning in camp with many not knowing the true reason.

He gave some support to his fellow campmate saying"Naughty Boy has been complaining, and misses his mum. He has his reasons, but from the outside that looks pathetic; viewers never like a moaner."

Richard spoke to the Telegraph about his experience within the jungle, but did notsay who he thinks will win, instead confirming that Naught Boy is an unlikely winner.

Read our I'm A Celeb live blog below for the latest news and gossip…

  • Louis Allwood

    Could others pull out?

    There has already been one withdrawal, Richard Madeley was the first person to leave the castle but he may not be the only one leaving before the eliminations.

    The telly presenter, 65, was rushed to hospital after falling ill, and despite making a swift recovery, he was unable to return to Gwrych Castle because he’d left the show’s Covid bubble. 

    The news of his departure left some of his campmates in tears – namely Frankie Bridge and Dame Arlene Phillips – with celebrity spirits said to be at “rock bottom”.

    Crew were already concerned about showbiz legend Arlene, 78, who is on painkillers, as well as DJ Naughty Boy, 36, who is struggling with being away from his mum, who has vascular dementia.

    During their stint in The Clink, both celebrities threatened to walk out, and have since had medical treatment in the private room separate from the main camp.

  • Louis Allwood

    First time ever

    This was the first time in the show's 19 year history that the show was taken off air.

    On Saturday, November 27,2021 ITV officially announced that the show would not air that night or Sunday (November 28, 2021).

    On Monday (November 29, 2021) they announced that the show had been cancelled yet again.

    But don't fear, the show returns tonight.

  • Louis Allwood

    Campmates were forced back into quarantine

    ITV confirmed in a statement: "Whilst we get the production base back up and running after suffering technical issues due to the storm, we have removed the celebrities from the castle."

    The quarantine conditions for the celebs were the same as before they joined the show.

    If they came into contact with anybody outside of I'm A Celeb's secure Covid bubble, they wouldn't be allowed to return to camp – with Richard Madeley forced out of the show after just four days due to a hospital dash.

  • Louis Allwood

    Finally, tonight is the night!

    I'm a celeb will be back on our screens tonight following the hard work of crew members.

    Viewers will be delighted with the news as the live show has been off screens for three nights now.

    ITV has confirmed to The Sun that the set has been made safe and is in a fit state to welcome the celebs, and hosts Ant and Dec, back.

    ITV bosses confirmed: "I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! will return from tomorrow night (Tuesday 30th November) on ITV and ITV Hub with a brand new show. Ant & Dec will be back presenting live from the Castle."

  • Louis Allwood

    Crew spotted hard at work

    The shows crew and other workmen have been working around the clock to get the set ready for the show to be back on air.

    The Welsh set was bustling with tradespeople as they desperately rebuilt the set after it was destroyed by Storm Arwen last week.

    The popular reality series was forced off air after the storm caused a 48-hour blackout and extensive damage to the set.

    ITV was forced to cancel this weekend's episodes of the hit reality series, and confirmed the stars had been relocated.

    Tradies were spotted in cherry pickers heading up to the damaged roof of the production village.

    While tall cranes and tractors were brought in to help clear out rubble caused by the storm.

  • Louis Allwood

    ‘£1million disaster’

    Bosses of the show say that the destruction caused by Storm Arwen is a £1million disaster.

    The show was brought to a halt as the icy winds destroyed valuable equipment and kept the money-spinning show off air for three days.

    Insiders say lost advertising revenue, damaged gear and the cost of staff working around the clock to fix the problems have run up the seven-figure bill.

    Relieved ITV bosses yesterday confirmed that Ant and Dec would return with a new episode — barring more extreme weather.

    A show source said: “It’s been a complete nightmare of a weekend."

  • Louis Allwood

    Last years winner recap

    Giovanna Fletcher is the reigning I’m A Celeb champion after winning the show in 2020.

    The last series took place in Gwrych Castle in Wales due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    Giovanna could barely speak at the shock of being named Queen of the Castle and told Ant and Dec to ask her again in a week how she felt.

    Radio 1 DJ Jordan North was runner-up and TV presenter Vernon Kay finished in third.

  • [email protected]

    Skin and bones (continued)

    Ben Shephard interjected: “You don’t have three pounds to lose!”, which Richard repeated in agreement adding: “I’m gaunt.”

    But the TV favourite made up for lost time once he got home, revealing he ate “10 spam sandwiches” in just two hours.

    To the shock of the hosts, he explained: “Between 9am on Saturday morning and about 11.30am I ate two large tins of spam.

    “I’d had rice and beans most of the time – spam is quite highly flavoured and I suddenly developed an absolute passion for it.

    “And I was starving, absolutely starving. I had about 10 spam sandwiches.”

  • [email protected]

    Skin and bones

    Richard Madeley has revealed his dramatic weight loss and sparse diet after just four days on I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!.

    The 65-year-old star was forced out of the ITV reality show after he fell ill and his hospital dash broke the show’s Covid bubble.

    He went on Good Morning Britain earlier today to spill the beans about his experience – and his co-stars were shocked by his “gaunt” appearance.

    Insisting that the show was much more gruelling than people realised, Richard explained: “You’ve got the physicality of it – you are hungry, because we were in the clink all we were getting is rice and beans.

    “People think that can’t be too bad but it’s tasteless – they don’t put salt or any kind of seasoning and you don’t get much. I was on about 750 calories a day, I’ve lost at least three pounds.

    “If I’d been there two weeks or more…”

  • [email protected]

    Explained: Why was I’m a Celeb cancelled? (continued)

    A source told us: “This move has been taken in a bid to speed up the show’s return to the screen. Everyone is committed to getting it back on screen as fast as possible.

    “As part of that they’ve decided to take the celebrities out and put them back into quarantine like they were before they went into the castle.

    “Once the site is all safe and ready to film again then they’ll return.”

  • [email protected]

    Explained: Why was I’m a Celeb cancelled?

    I’m a Celeb did not air on either the 27th, 28th or 29th of November.

    Instead, ITV played“best of” shows to fill the prime-time 9pm slots.

    The celebrities were removed from Gwrych Castle in North Wales, and only essential crew remained on site. 

    On Saturday November 27, the Sun revealed that the decision was made in a bid to speed up the show’s return to the airwaves after this weekend’s episodes were cancelled.

  • [email protected]

    Back to Oz?

    Richard Madeley has hinted at a huge I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! return next year – but insisted he’d “never” go back to freezing cold Gwrych Castle.

    The 65-year-old appeared on Good Morning Britain earlier today to discuss his all-too-brief time in the camp in Wales – and was quizzed on whether he’d sign up a second time.

    He replied: “It’d depend on them asking me, and god I’ve only just come out!”

    However, Richard went on: “Never say never, I’d certainly consider it.”

    But he was more conclusive when asked whether he’d prefer the castle or Australia, exclaiming without hesitation: “I wouldn’t do the castle again, thanks very much!

  • [email protected]

    Storm is a ‘crushing blow’ for show

    The Sun revealed that it could be DAYS before production is back up and running at the castle, with campmates evacuated back to their quarantines this evening.

    Bosses made the decision to remove the stars from the castle as Storm Arwen continues to ravage the set – with the gales already causing severe damage.

    A source told us: “This is a crushing blow. No one anticipated the disaster that this storm would cause and it has completely blindsided us.”

  • [email protected]

    Had enough?

    Richard Madeley has hinted that one I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! contestant will QUIT after moaning that the ITV series “isn’t what they signed up for”.

    The 65-year-old star dished all as he returned to Good Morning Britain today following his premature exit from the reality show.

    David Ginola appears to be on the edge, with Richard suggesting that the 54-year-old football legend could be pushed to his limits.

    He explained: “David Ginola was really fed up about it; the next day we woke up and he tried the doors and they were locked.

    “He said: ‘We are in prison, I did not sign up for this – I did not sign up to be chucked into jail, I’ve done nothing wrong!'”

    It comes after Richard revealed that David received a telling off from show bosses after breaking a huge rule and trying to have secret conversations with his campmates.

  • [email protected]

    Hard knock life

    Richard Madeley confessed that he thought I’m A Celeb had a “secret behind the scenes” where the campmates got to indulge off-camera – and he wasn’t the only one.

    The celebrities instead got a harsh wake up call when they realised that the show is actually exactly how it appears on TV.

    Speaking to Ben Shephard and Susanna Reid, Richard admitted: “I wanted to see if it was what I expected it to be like, and it’s not – it feels real.

    “When the five of us got chucked into Castle Clink, we all though they show us this and when we’ve done that they’ll say: ‘Anyway, here’s your food and here’s your beds’ – it was a game of pretend and there’s a behind the scenes, but there’s not.”

  • [email protected]

    Explained: How do I vote by text?

    You can also choose to vote by texting.

    You use the number 644 24 followed by the two numbers for your chosen campmate.

     They also cost 50p a text.

  • [email protected]

    Explained: How do I vote by phone?

    One of the simplest ways to vote is by picking up the phone and dialling the number for your chosen campmate.

    You just need to dial 09020 44 24 followed by the two numbers corresponding to each campmate, which are revealed by Ant and Dec during the show.

    The calls do come with a a charge.

    Votes made by phone come with a cost of 50p per vote, with 15p from each vote going to Britain Get Talking Help Out Helplines appeal.

    They could also cost more depending on your phone provider.

    You must ask the bill payer’s permission before you vote.

  • [email protected]

    Explained: How do I vote using the app?

    Once the show is underway, a quick and easy way to vote is to download the official I’m A Celebrity app which is free.

    It is available for on the App Store, iTunes, and Google Play.

    Once downloaded, you’ll need to enter your date of birth before accessing the content.

    To vote, click on the ‘Vote’ tab at the bottom of the app and when voting is open during the show simply press the button to chose a celebrity.

  • [email protected]

    Recap: Who was last years winner?

    Giovanna Fletcher is the reigning I’m A Celeb champion after winning the show in 2020.

    This year’s series took place in Gwrych Castle in Wales due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    Giovanna could barely speak at the shock of being named Queen of the Castle and told Ant and Dec to ask her again in a week how she felt.

    Radio 1 DJ Jordan North was runner-up and TV presenter Vernon Kay finished in third.

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Come on Arlene

    Fans can only imagine what it will be like to get dancing queen Dame Arlene out of her hotel room back into the cold castle after three days in the warmth.

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Calls to cancel

    Fans are getting fed up of 3 days of cancellations and say the show should be axed altogether.

    One Tweeted: "Right, here me out. Cancel #ImACeleb all together for this year."

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Wind swept

    Fans are wondering why they never brought back the legendary cyclone task last weekend.

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Get back to Australia

    Fans are desperate for the show to be shot back in Oz – after being reminded of the good old days before covid during the results show.

    One Tweeted: "Genuinely not bothered if #ImACeleb is cancelled altogether this year. Wake me when it’s back in Australia… @ITV"

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Fans couldn't resist a cheeky dig at Naughty…

  • Sarah Tetteh

    Weighty issue

    The jokes are flooding in about the celebs being let out of camp to stay in a hotel.

    Oane fan Tweeted: "This will be the first year @imacelebrity contestants actually put weight on !! #ImACeleb"

    Source: Read Full Article