On the December 9, 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film senior writer Ben Pearson is joined by /Film writers Hoai-Tran Bui and Chris Evangelista to have a spoiler discussion of the eighth episode of HBO’s Watchmen, entitled “A God Walks Into Abar.”
Opening Banter: HT’s back!
In Our Feature Presentation:
- Angela and Dr. Manhattan in the bar
- Mr. Eddy’s Bar – does this confirm Lady Trieu’s parentage?
- Angela hates Dr. Manhattan
- Flashbacks to Jon’s past
- Did Jon kill Cal?
- Dejected, gets a visit from Jon
- “A little elephant told me”
- Veidt’s “Plan A” for Jon: creating a memory-wiping device
- Manhattan’s new life no longer interests him
- Veidt as a Jesus figure
- Post-Credits scene
- Angela awakens Jon, who teleports their kids away (he’s formed an alliance with Will Reeves)
- Speaking with Will across time, Angela sets the entire plot in motion
- Shootout in the streets
- Why is it important that Angela sees Jon walking on water in the pool?
- Who will ultimately gain Dr. Manhattan’s powers?
- Does Will Reeves already have those abilities?
Other Articles Mentioned:
- ‘Watchmen’ Becomes Unstuck in Time When “A God Walks Into Abar”
- The ‘Watchmen’ Reference Guide: Every Easter Egg in “A God Walks Into Abar”
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at [email protected]. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.
Source: Read Full Article