FOOTBALL fans showed their support for Christian Eriksen ahead of Saturday's Euro 2020 clash with Croatia.
The Wembley big screens displayed the message 'Best Wishes Christian' before kick-off, during a statement from the stadium announcer.
Supporters applauded with one fan also seen holding up a Tottenham shirt bearing the Dane's name.
Eriksen, 29, called Wembley his home for almost two of his six-and-a-half-years with the capital club.
During Saturday's game between Denmark and Finland, he collapsed and required urgent medical attention including CPR.
Devastated team-mates and fans watched on as he was taken to hospital, where Eriksen was awake as his condition fortunately stabilised.
England boss Gareth Southgate described his players' shock at the incident and a number know the Inter Milan star personally, such as Tottenham's Harry Kane and former team-mate Kieran Trippier.
Southgate told BBC ahead of Sunday's game: "We have players who are close to him, have played with him, and it was difficult for them to watch. Thankfully, the news sounds positive."
Christian Eriksen latest:
– EURO HORROR Eriksen rushed to hospital in 'stable condition' after collapsing on pitch
– PLAY ON Christian Eriksen 'FaceTimes Denmark team-mates from hospital' and says play-on
– BEEB FURY BBC apologises after fans slam them for not cutting away after Eriksen collapsed
– 'PLEASE GOD' Football world prays for Eriksen after Dane collapses and given CPR on pitch
– UNITED IN CARE Touching moment Finland fans give country's flags to shield stricken Eriksen
– 'I LOVE YOU' Watch Lukaku score for Belgium and dedicate goal to Inter team-mate Eriksen
A number ofother Euro 2020 teams have sent their best wishes to Eriksen.
The Germany and Sweden squads were among those to line up at their training camps with messages of support.
On Sunday afternoon, the Danish FA (DBU) provided a fresh update on their player's condition.
DBU football director Peter Moller said: "Christian Eriksen is doing well under the circumstances."
Source: Read Full Article