Real Madrid star Dani Carvajal targeted by armed intruders as police investigate attempted break-in at his home | The Sun

REAL MADRID star Dani Carvajal has become the latest footballer to be targeted by armed intruders.

Police are investigating an attempted break-in at his home near Madrid by two masked men said to have been carrying iron bars.



A police source said: “The incident occurred around 2am on August 30. Nothing was stolen.”

The criminals fled the scene after realising the Real star's alarm system had been activated as they tried to access his property.

Spanish international Carvajal, who was not at home at the time, called in detectives after checking CCTV images following the activation of his alarm system.

Details of the new incident involving Carvajal came hours after ex-Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang broke his silence following a terrifying break-in at his home near Barcelona.

READ MORE IN FOOTBALL

Neville faces contempt of court action over ‘comment’ made during Giggs trial

Liverpool set to sign Arthur, Man Utd ANNOUNCE Antony, Ronaldo shock link

Aubameyang and his wife Alysha Behague were threatened and handcuffed in front of their two children Curtys, 11, and Pierre, six.

The Barcelona frontman had his jaw broken after being hit in the face with an iron bar, although some Spanish reports say the weapon used was the butt of a gun.

Aubameyang is set to be out of action for a number of weeks and could potentially undergo surgery – but he is still expected to complete a transfer to Chelsea.

Going under the knife would see him return to action sooner than waiting for his jaw to heal naturally.

Most read in Football

Arsenal transfer news

Douglas Luiz in talks, Mykhaylo Mudryk £21m deal AGREED, Zaha boost

COURT DRAMA

Neville faces contempt of court action over 'comment' made during Giggs trial

KOP OF THE POPS

Liverpool's James Milner secretly flies huge pop star out for wife's 40th

CODY BANKED

Southampton set to beat Man Utd and Arsenal to £25million Cody Gakpo transfer

The four masked intruders stole £600,000 in cash and jewellery after forcing their way into Aubaymeyang’s home in Castelldefels, a 30-minute drive south of Barcelona.

The 33-year-old French-born Gabon international broke his silence about the terrifying incident on Wednesday, saying his family are "no longer safe in our own house".

He said in an Instagram post: “Hey guys, thanks a lot for all the messages.

“On Sunday night, some violent cowards broke into our home and threatened my family and my children, just to steal some stuff.

“They injured my jaw but I will recover in no time and thank God no-one else was physically harmed.

“The feeling that we are no longer safe in our own house is hard to understand and describe, but as a family we will overcome this and stand stronger than ever.

“Thanks for all the support, it really means a lot to us.”

His wife posted the footballer’s message on her own social media.


    Source: Read Full Article