JOE JOYCE is returning to heavyweight action this weekend against German veteran Christian Hammer.
The heavyweight clash forms part of a blockbuster fight night also featuring Jason Cunningham vs Zolani Tete.
The 36-year-old Juggernaut had been expected to face Joseph Parker this September, only for the Kiwi to back out after joining Sky Sports.
The 13-0 Brit has had a frustrating year out of action following a broken arm, and will do battle with respected Romanian-born Hammer.
The 34-year-old boasts an impressive fight record having faced Tyson Fury, Alexander Povetkin and Luiz Ortiz among others.
He most recently went the distance with WBO number three Frank Sanchez.
Most read in Boxing
YOU KHAN BE SERIOUS
Khan offered chance to come out of retirement for fight with Pacquiao
YOU KHAN BE SERIOUS
Fury says Paul will need his $1m bet cash for new TEETH after Tommy bout
Jake Paul accepts Tyson Fury's $1m bet as WBC king backs Tommy to beat him
Tommy Fury will be without family for Paul fight after Tyson's US BAN revealed
When is Joe Joyce vs Christian Hammer?
- The Juggernaut's hotly-anticipated comeback will take place on Saturday, July 2 in the UK.
- The fight will be held at the OVO Arena in Wembley.
- Should Joyce wins, he then aims to hunt down Anthony Joshua, Dillian Whyte, Tyson Fury and a rematch with Daniel Dubois.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- Joyce vs Hammer will be shown live on BT Sport in the UK.
- You can live stream the action on the BT Sport app, which is available on your smart TV, laptop, mobile, tablet and console.
- A BT Sport monthly pass costs £25 a month.
- The main card is expected to begin around 7pm.
Joyce vs Hammer FULL CARD
- Joe Joyce vs Christian Hammer (heavyweight)
- Jason Cunningham vs Zolani Tete (super-bantamweight)
- Callum Johnson vs Igor Mikhalkin (light-heavyweight)
- Nathan Heaney vs TBC (middleweight)
- Marc Videl vs Mark Chamberlain (lightweight)
- Micky Burke Jr vs TBC (super-featherweight)
- Henry Turner vs TBC (super-lightweight)
- Tommy Fletcher vs TBC (cruiserweight)
What has been said?
Upon his return from a Las Vegas training camp earlier this month, Joyce said: "I've known about Christian Hammer for a while now.
"He has fought everybody, it is going to be a good fight, he comes forward and it will be exciting.
"It is one to get me ready for the next fights coming up.
"I've been out of the ring for a whole year now so it will be good to dust off the gloves and shake off the cobwebs.
"It is going to be a big year, this year and next, with some great fights and I just need to be in the right place."
Source: Read Full Article