LIVERPOOL and Everton will add another chapter to their fierce Merseyside rivalry – and there is a lot more than just pride on the line.
The Reds avoided dropping more points in their expected title challenge courtesy of a stoppage time strike by summer signing Fabio Carvalho against Newcastle.
And the drama continued after the full time whistle as a member of the Magpies staff was spotted throwing objects in the direction of Jurgen Klopp.
Meanwhile, pressure is mounting on Frank Lampard as he witnessed his side fail to secure a victory yet again having been pegged back by Leeds to draw 1-1 at Elland Road.
But a famous win against the Toffees' local rivals could give the Everton boss some breathing space, as well as reignite their season.
What time does Liverpool vs Everton kick off?
- Liverpool welcome local rivals Everton to their neck of the woods on Saturday, September 3.
- It is scheduled to kick off at 12:30pm UK time.
- Goodison Park in Liverpool will be the allocated arena for this eye-catching encounter and it can hold around 39,572 spectators.
- The Reds done the double over Everton last season which includes a 2-0 win in April earlier on this year.
What TV channel is Everton vs Liverpool on and can I live stream it?
- Everton vs Liverpool will be broadcasted LIVE on BT Sport 1 in the UK.
- Coverage is scheduled to commence from 11:30am UK time – one hour before kick-off.
- Subscription holders of BT Sport also have access to the entire action via the BT Sport website or BT Sport app.
Stay up to date with all the latest from Goodison Park…
- Joe Adams
Merseyside Derby odds
Here are the latest odds from Betfair on today's heavyweight contest:
- Everton to win 13/2
- Draw 4/1
- Liverpool to take three points 4/11
Who are you backing?
No other Premier League fixture has produced more red cards than the Merseyside derby.
The contest has witnessed 22 player dismissed down the years.
Will anyone see red this lunchtime?
Good morning from Goodison Park
It's derby day!
The Premier League weekend gets underway with today’s lunchtime kick-off between Everton and Liverpool in the 292nd Merseyside derby today.
The Toffees are still seeking their first win of the season having drawn their last three and will hope for three points over their noisy neighbours this afternoon. They need it too, sitting just one place outside of the relegation zone.
Liverpool make the short trip here after a chaotic start to their campaign saw Jurgen Klopp’s men manage just two points from three matches.
They have since trounced Bournemouth 9-0 and beat Newcastle in the most dramatic circumstances during midweek, scoring in the seventh minute of stoppage time to claim all three points.
The action is scheduled for 12:30 in Merseyside and SunSport will bring you all the team news shortly as we build up to what promises to be a cracker!
Source: Read Full Article