Mystery as groom and five wedding guests die foaming at the mouth with 14 left unconscious after marriage ceremony | The Sun

A GROOM and five wedding guests mysteriously died after attending a wedding and the bride remains in hospital with seven others.

Obinna Dieke, and his wife Nebechi held their wedding in Nigeria but police said following day, 14 guests were discovered unresponsive with foam coming out of their mouths.

Sadly the 33-year-old groom was pronounced dead, along with five other guests, Nigeria's Premium Times reports.

Nebechi remains being treated with the other seven who survived the Friday 26 August tragedy.

It's believe the guests went back to the bride and groom's house to celebrate but were poisoned by a carbon monoxide leak from a generator.

Police spokespersonDaniel Ndukwe said neighbours broke down the front door when none of the wedding guests appeared the next day.

READ MORE NIGERIA

Cannibal who murdered and decapitated aunt caught cooking & eating head

Undefeated boxer dies aged 18 after sparring session ends in tragedy

"They were immediately moved to the hospital, where six of them were confirmed dead and deposited in the mortuary for preservation and autopsy, while the others are responding to treatment," he added.

A community leader, who wished to remain anonymous, said it's believed the victims died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

"It was raining and there was a generator outside," he said.

"They brought the generator inside the corridor. So, since they were drinking and didn't know the implication of bringing the generator in the corridor, and then they slept.

Most read in World News

STORM TRAGEDY

Girl, 1, dies after being hit by hail stones during horror storm in Spain

'COVER UP'

Shamima Begum ‘was smuggled into Syria by western spy’ & UK 'helped cover it up'

MAN WHO ENDED COLD WAR

Mikhail Gorbachev, final leader of the Soviet Union, dies aged 91

STRUCK DOWN

Brit mum, 48, left fighting for life in lightning strike in Croatia pictured

"I think maybe carbon monoxide filled the whole room.

"It was people that went there to greet them in the morning that broke the door and saw them all unconscious."

Nigeria Police Force has launched an investigation and autopsies will be carried out on all six victims to determine cause of death.

    Source: Read Full Article