Hero boy, 4, saves little sister’s life after learning about first aid at school

A four-year-old boy has saved his little sister's life after learning about first aid at preschool.

Shiloh Oppong-Konadu was with two-year-old Bella when he noticed she was choking on a two pence piece at their home in Cambridge.

Thanks to the skills he learnt at the Mini First Aid Kids class he recognised she was in danger and was able to run and get help, Cambridgeshire Live reports.

Despite being scared, Shiloh knew he needed an adult to be able to give the back blows to move the coin in Bella's throat so alerted his dad.

The brave little boy said: says: “I shouted to my daddy because Bella was choking.


  • Parents love mum's 'genius' method to convince her daughters to take medicine

  • Hero head teacher rushed to save boy engulfed by flames in nativity play horror

"I patted her on the back because I wanted her to be ok and I remembered it from my Mini First Aid class.

"I was scared but me and my Daddy saved Bella.

"Everyone is so proud of me.”

The children's mum Jemma Jones said she is so grateful that Cottontails in Girton, taught her son about first aid.

The Mini First Aid ‘Early Years’ sessions include ‘Sit Chop Chew’ class, based on the theme of safe eating and what to do if someone if choking.

Jemma said: “Thanks to Shiloh’s attendance at a Mini First Aid class, he was able to do the most important thing and alert an adult.

"He was even trying to perform back blows himself to dislodge the coin. Thankfully, my husband was able to perform the back blows and the coin moved down to clear my daughters airways.

"The class helped him understand what was happening.

"We’re so super proud of him!”

Source: Read Full Article