A woman bit into a 'hard' spider while eating a Mcdonald's wrap

Woman is left horrified after biting into a ‘hard exotic spider’ while eating a McDonald’s wrap and vows to never buy another takeaway again

  • A mum who chose McDonald’s for lunch complained after a finding a spider 
  • Katie Moss, 21, was left feeling nauseous after biting into the deep fried insect 
  • McDonald’s reached out to her and offered the mum a refund and a new meal 

A ‘traumatised’ mum claims she was left wanting to ‘throw up’ after discovering she had been chewing on an ‘huge exotic spider’ that had reportedly been lurking in her McDonald’s wrap.

Katie Moss, 21, unsuspectingly ordered a chicken and bacon wrap, chips and 99p burger from McDonald’s for her lunch on Just Eat on Wednesday.

However, after munching her way through around three quarters of the wrap, the mum, from Winsford, Cheshire, claims to have bitten into something so ‘hard’.

She says she was horrified to see an ‘exotic’-looking spider that she had ‘never seen’ before – leaving her believing it was not from the UK.

Katie Moss chose a McDonald’s wrap for her lunch and was later horrified when she discovered a spider inside

Katie discovered the spider when she bit on something ‘hard’ and originally thought it was a tomato

The care assistant says she has been offered a refund and replacement voucher but has vowed never to eat at the fast food chain again, and so does not plan to use it.

McDonald’s has apologised and is now investigating the chewed-up item to establish what it is and how it got in Katie’s food. Initial suspicion has fallen on a bag of fresh lettuce. 

Katie said: ‘I ordered it for lunch because we didn’t have much in and I just fancied a McDonald’s.’

‘I was three quarters of the way through it and I felt something hard in my mouth.’

Katie at first thought the spider was a small crab, but later revealed she believed it to be an ‘exotic’ spider as she didn’t recognise it

The mum has vowed that she will never order a takeaway again and refused McDonald’s offer of a voucher

‘At first I thought it was the end of a tomato so I pulled it out and at first I thought it was just part of the chicken but when I looked closer, I thought it was a crab then I realised it was a spider.

‘I spat the rest out but I had bitten into it. I was disgusted, I felt like throwing up. It was all curled up.’

‘I don’t think the spider was from the UK because I’ve never seen a spider like that before. It was some kind of exotic spider.’

‘I don’t really mind spiders, but I don’t want one in my mouth. It didn’t taste of anything at the time but afterwards there was an off taste in my mouth, which could have been my imagination.’

Katie claims she immediately called the Winsford branch to inform them what she found and also reported the incident through the Just Eat app

The mum sent the wrap and spider back to McDonald’s who have now launched an investigation 

‘I would have preferred to have just not known it was in there and that I’d eaten it. I know people say you swallow about eight spiders in your life time but at least you don’t know you’re swallowing them.’

‘I wouldn’t have minded if it was a small one but it was huge.’

The care assistant says the £11.40 order has put her off takeaways for life.

Katie said: ‘I’m traumatised by it, I’m paranoid as well. I examining everything I eat now, including things I’ve cooked and it’s put me off all takeaways.’

‘I couldn’t even drink the Coke after.’

Katie claims she immediately called the Winsford branch and was offered a replacement meal and a refund, but the mum-of-two was dissatisfied after vowing never to eat at the restaurant again.

She later contacted McDonald’s through the Just Eat App, and they promised to investigate and offered Katie a £10 voucher.

A screenshot of Katie’s order, that cost £11.40, shows the barbecue and bacon chicken wrap which contained the dead spider

Katie said: ‘I rang straight away and they offered me a refund and replacement meal but when I thought about it after, it’s not good enough. I won’t be eating there ever again anyway.’

‘They got back to me saying they couldn’t come to a conclusion on how the spider got into the wrap. Who in their right mind would put a spider in a wrap?’

‘I’m not going to eat there again, so a voucher isn’t much good to me. I want proper compensation.’

A McDonald’s spokesperson said: ‘Food safety is of the utmost importance to us. We place great emphasis on quality control, following rigorous standards to avoid any imperfections, so we are sorry to hear of this customer’s experience.’

‘As soon as this was brought to the attention of the restaurant, the customer was apologised to and offered both a refund and replacement meal. The customer has also returned the item in question which will enable us to investigate further.’

‘We understand the customer has been liaising with our Customer Services Team too, who are helping to find a resolution.’

Source: Read Full Article