Queen Elizabeth news – Monarch sparks health concerns as TWO more golf buggies delivered to Windsor Castle

TWO more golf buggies have been delivered to Windsor Castle for The Queen, sparking health concerns.

It comes after the Queen got one to help her move around the grounds. 

Aides have been taking the monarch, 95, for spins in her private grounds — with her corgis next to her.

The 43mph electric cart, dubbed the Queen Mobile, has been teed up to transport her around at her Berkshire home after months of medical woes.

This follows news that the public must assume the Queen will not attend future events until confirmed by the Palace on the day, it is claimed.

Her Majesty‘s presence at public engagements will be a bonus but not guaranteed under alleged new Palace plans following several health scares, including a brush with Covid.

Read our Royal Family live blog below for the latest updates…

  • Milica Cosic

    Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive at Windsor Castle for Easter Sunday service

    PRINCE William and Kate Middleton have arrived for the traditional Easter Sunday service today – but the Queen has been forced to miss out.

    The couple were joined by Princess Charlotte and Prince George as they smiled to the crowds gathered outside St George's Chapel in Windsor for the Easter Mattins Service.

    They were joined by Prince Edward and Sophie Wessex and their children, Lady Louise Windsor and James, Viscount Severn.

    Sadly the Queen, 95, was not in attendance after Buckingham Palace previously said she was "not expected" to join other royals.

    She is instead expected to mark the day at a small chapel in Windsor Castle.

  • Milica Cosic

    What other events has the Queen pulled out of?

    The Queen has also pulled out of Thursday's Maundy service at St George's Chapel, instead being represented by Prince Charles and Camilla.

    It was the first time he had taken his mother's place at the event, which marks an important fixture in the royal calendar, and highlighted his increasing role within the monarchy.

    The 95-year-old also missed last month's Commonwealth Day ceremony due to concerns about her “comfort”.

    And the Head of State has been seen using a walking stick over the last six months and in February told a visitor at Windsor Castle: “As you can see, I can’t move.”

    But despite her problems standing for long periods, she walked unaided at a memorial service to her late husband Prince Philip on March 29.

    And she received a £62,000 golf buggy to help her get around and fulfil future engagements, and had a wheelchair-friendly lift fitted at her favourite Highlands cottage.

  • Milica Cosic

    The Queen sparks ‘mobility issue’ fears

    THE public must assume the Queen will not attend future events until confirmed by the Palace on the day, it is claimed.

    Her Majesty's presence at public engagements will be a bonus but not guaranteed under alleged new Palace plans following several health scares, including a brush with Covid.

    An insider told The Mail on Sunday: "The assumption must now be that the Queen will not be present at events.

    "If Her Majesty does attend, it will be decided on the day and she will be accompanied by another member of the Royal Family."

    The monarch, who next week turns 96, has pulled out of several recent engagements at the last minute due to ongoing mobility issues.

    It was this week confirmed she would miss her Easter Sunday Service in Windsor, despite usually making an appearance.

  • Milica Cosic

    Fears Harry & Meghan could ‘overshadow’ Queen’s Jubilee

    ROYALS fear the Harry and Meghan show could “hijack and overshadow” the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee if the couple return this summer.

    The pair flew to the Netherlands for the event after Harry “instigated” clear-the-air talks at Windsor Castle last week.

    Senior sources believe the hush-hush visit — revealed by The Sun — was a bid by them to pave the way for “places front and centre” at the Jubilee events in June.

    And there are fears within the Royal Family that Netflix could apply pressure to film the Sussexes at the Queen’s celebration — although royal insiders point out the couple have always promised to “uphold the values of Her Majesty” in their new role.

    A source said: “Charles wants the Platinum Jubilee to focus only on the Queen.

    “Many are disappointed that Andrew overshadowed Prince Philip's thanksgiving service and don't want the Meghan and Harry circus to hijack the Jubilee.

    “This is the Queen’s show and should be about her and her 70 years of service rather than Meghan’s fashion, the kids and Harry.

    “They don’t want it to become the Harry and Meghan show. Charles and all the family are agreed on that.”

  • Milica Cosic

    Will the the Queen ever meet Lillibet?

    Despite having nearly completed her first journey around the sun, Lillibet is still yet to meet her namesake nana The Queen.

    While senior royals have reportedly cooed over Lili from across the pond on video calls, Princess Eugenie is likely to have been the first to meet her properly.

    Charles last spoke to his son face-to-face at the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, when their relations were at "an all time low".

    He is understood to have made it clear that he wishes to spend quality time with two-year-old Archie and ten-month-old Lillibet.

    It is not known if the couple brought their children during their drop-in visit on Thursday ahead of the Invictus Games.

  • Milica Cosic

    Good morning, Milica Cosic logging on. I'll be on the blog until 2pm today where I'll be bringing you the latest news and updates.

  • Milica Cosic

    Harry & Meghan ‘hope Charles will allow part-time return’

    It has been claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are “hoping” that when Prince Charles takes to the throne, he will allow them to return to their royal duties part-time.

    Speaking to Royally Us, Tom Quinn said: “I think Meghan and Harry are hoping, and I’ve had this on good authority when the Queen dies, Charles will be open to allowing Harry and Meghan to be part-time royals.

    “Which is what they wanted from the start.”

  • Milica Cosic

    Meg & Harry missed on chance to introduce Queen to Lilibet

    A royal expert has claimed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry missed out on their "ideal" opportunity to have the Queen meet their daughter Lilibet following with their visit on Thursday.

    Speaking to GB News, royal author Phil Dampier said: "The other thing is, they haven't brought Archie and Lilibet.

    "The Queen is yet to meet Lilibet, her great-granddaughter.

    "So if you are trying to heal the rift, why not bring the kids? It would have been an ideal opportunity."

    The Queen has never met the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes daughter.

  • Milica Cosic

    Eugenie 'played role' in Harry & Meghan's meet with Queen

    It has been revealed that Princess Eugenie playing an important role in reuniting Meghan Markle and Prince Harry with the Queen.

    Writing in his Daily Mail column, Ricard Kay said: "It was also the first time Meghan had seen any of her royal in-laws since March 2020.

    "Intriguingly it involved a fifth member of the Royal Family who was not present at either meeting – Princess Eugenie.

    "The princess who is temporarily living in her cousin’s Frogmore Cottage with her husband Jack Brooksbank and their son August, is thought to have played an ‘encouraging’ role behind the scenes.

    "She is Harry’s closest royal ally – she and Jack visited the Sussexes in California earlier this year – and is also close to the Queen."

  • Milica Cosic

    'Why I had to prepare 150 plates of food for the Queen '

    COOKING for the Queen means that everything has to be perfect as former royal chef Darren McGrady well knows.

    In fact Darren, who worked for the royals for 15 years and cooked at Buckingham Palace, Sandringham and Balmoral, has revealed that when it came to banqueting events he had to prepare no less than 150 plates of food for Her Majesty.

    Speaking Coffee Friend, Chef McGrady said: “There were no food tasters, no. 

    “Some Royals had their food prepared separately away from guests at big banquet events. 

    “However, with the Queen, we would prepare 150 plates and the Queen’s page would come in and pick one at random. 

    “That way, if you were to tamper with the food you would have to tamper with all of them. 

    “From our perspective, it also meant we had to get the same standard across every plate, not knowing which one the Queen would be eating.”

    When it came to picking a dish to serve, Darren said cooks went through a 'regimented' process.

  • Milica Cosic

    News you may have missed

    • Inside Prince Harry and Meghan’s secret talks with Queen and Charles as it’s revealed Duke initiated meeting
    • Prince Charles and Prince Harry spoke for just 15 minutes after feuding pair met for tense talks at Palace
    • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘exploited the Queen for NETFLIX & to please American producers’, royal expert claims
    • Prince Harry’s explosive memoir ‘could be pushed back’ after duke & Meghan Markle’s secret meeting with Queen & Charles

    Harry & Meghan Markle ‘exploited the Queen for NETFLIX'

    PRINCE Harry and Meghan Markle have "exploited the Queen for Netflix", a royal expert has claimed.

    Biographer Tom Bower reckons the couple's secret meeting with Her Majesty on their way to the Netherlands was simply to please the producers of their imminent documentary.

    Bower told MailOnline: "I have no doubt it was all done for their Netflix documentary.

    "The Queen's advisers failed to protect her from being exploited by the Royal Family's worst traducers, while the Sussexes exploited an old, unwell woman to boost their credibility and coffers."

    Harry and Meghan last year signed a mega Netflix deal said to be worth £112million.

    Their first project was announced as an Invictus Games documentary with an Oscar-winning production team.

    Meg & Harry spark security concern questions after Queen visit

    A royal commentator has questioned Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's security concerns after they paid a private visit to the Queen.

    Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams said: "As we know Harry has a case against the Government because he believes he and his family are unsafe in Britain.

    “Why are they unsafe if they had attended the Westminster service but were safe when they paid the secret visit to the Queen, apparently tourists saw them and so forth, is unclear.

    “But this is a matter with dealing with, I would say, the most unpredictable celebrity couple on earth.

    “It’s very difficult to anticipate what they’re going to do, how they’re going to do it and they want to be seen to be doing it in their own way.”

    Harry could come back for Queen's Jubilee

    A royal expert has claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could even make an appearance at the Queen's Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June following their meeting with the Monarch this week.

    Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams said: "Harry last saw the Queen at the Duke of Edinburgh's funeral and Meghan hasn't seen her, that we know of, since they detonated nuclear by stepping down as working royals, so this could certainly be a peace summit.

    "Relations have hit rock bottom and it has not been an easy period for the royals, particularly as the Queen is not in good health.

    "But the family likely would simply have wanted to make Harry and Meghan feel at ease.

    "And if they felt so, they could certainly come out for the Jubilee. This trip has certainly made that clear."

    But despite the optimism, Richard admitted they could also change their mind at the last minute as the Sussexes are "the most unpredictable couple on the planet".

    "You would need a crystal ball to predict what they will do next," he said.

    Win a street party for FREE in our Platinum Jubilee competition

    BRITAIN is gearing up for a ­celebration to remember as the Queen marks her historic Platinum Jubilee in June.

    It is hoped as many as ten million people will enjoy street parties in honour of her Majesty’s record-breaking 70 years on the throne.

    And, we are launching a brilliant competition to get the nation in the party mood by offering five lucky streets the chance to win the ultimate Jubilee bash.

    We have teamed up with Iceland and The Food Warehouse to provide everything you need for your Jubilee party — absolutely FREE.

    We have £10,000 to give away to FIVE winners, who will each receive £2,000 to spend on a street party or get-together during the four-day Jubilee bank holiday starting on Thursday, June 2.

    All you have to do is tell us why your event deserves our amazing prize — for the full details click here.

    • Milica Cosic

      Charles & Harry spoke for just 15 minutes

      PRINCE Harry and his dad spoke for just 15 minutes during their secret meeting on Thursday, it is claimed.

      The Duke of Sussex is said to have offered an "olive branch" to Charles ahead of their tense talks – encouraged by the Queen.

      The feuding pair met face to face at Windsor Castle on Harry and wife Meghan Markle's first joint trip to Britain since they quit royal duty in March 2020.

      But sources claim it was a fleeting visit – starting at 10am and finishing a short 15 minutes later, the Daily Mail reports.

    • Milica Cosic

      Harry and Meghan ‘need Queen’s fairy dust’

      A royal expert has claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle need to maintain their close relationship with the Queen. This is in order to protect the success of their Sussex brand

      Speaking to Good Morning Britain, Royal expert Ingrid Seward said: “There’s no way that she would want, however much Harry and Meghan might’ve hurt her, it’s just not in her makeup to hold that kind of grudge.

      “It is her grandson, and she’s very, very fond of him. Same goes for Prince Charles.

      “What would be the point of carrying on a sort of no-speaks with your son when he is offering an olive branch.

      “It’s not ideal but it’s symbiotic – they basically need the Queen’s fairy dust, if you like, for their brand.”

    • Milica Cosic

      Thank you for reading my coverage today. I'll be back with you tomorrow from 8am.

    • Milica Cosic

      Meghan & Harry's PDA moment

      Meghan Markle introduced her husband Prince Harry at the opening ceremony of the Invictus Games before sharing a loving kiss as she welcomed him on stage.

      The Duchess said: "It is my distinguished honour to introduce someone that I think you'll all be very excited to hear from.

      "He has also spent many late nights and early mornings planning for these games to make them as perfect as possible for each of you.

      "I could not love and respect him more and I know that all of you feel the same because he is your fellow veteran, having served two tours of duty in Afghanistan and 10 years of military service.

      "He's the founder of the Invictus Games, and the father to our two little ones, Archie and Lili. Please welcome my incredible husband, Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex."

      The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry (R) and his wife, Meghan Markle (L) attend the opening ceremony of The Invictus Games in The Hague on April 16, 2022Credit: AFP
    • Milica Cosic

      Harry & Meghan 'hope Charles will allow part-time return'

      It has been claimed that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are "hoping" that when Prince Charles takes to the throne, he will allow them to return to their royal duties part-time.

      Speaking to Royally Us, Tom Quinn said: "I think Meghan and Harry are hoping, and I've had this on good authority when the Queen dies, Charles will be open to allowing Harry and Meghan to be part-time royals.

      "Which is what they wanted from the start."

    • Milica Cosic

      Meg & Harry missed on chance to introduce Queen to Lilibet

      A royal expert has claimed that Meghan Markle and Prince Harry missed out on their "ideal" opportunity to have the Queen meet their daughter Lilibet following with their visit on Thursday.

      Speaking to GB News, royal author Phil Dampier said: "The other thing is, they haven't brought Archie and Lilibet.

      "The Queen is yet to meet Lilibet, her great-granddaughter.

      "So if you are trying to heal the rift, why not bring the kids? It would have been an ideal opportunity."

      The Queen has never met the Duke and Duchess of Sussexes daughter.

    • Milica Cosic

      News you may have missed

      • Inside Prince Harry and Meghan’s secret talks with Queen and Charles as it’s revealed Duke initiated meeting
      • Prince Charles and Prince Harry spoke for just 15 minutes after feuding pair met for tense talks at Palace
      • Prince Harry and Meghan Markle ‘exploited the Queen for NETFLIX & to please American producers’, royal expert claims
      • Prince Harry’s explosive memoir ‘could be pushed back’ after duke & Meghan Markle’s secret meeting with Queen & Charles

      Eugenie 'played role' in Harry & Meghan's meet with Queen

      It has been revealed that Princess Eugenie playing an important role in reuniting Meghan Markle and Prince Harry with the Queen.

      Writing in his Daily Mail column, Ricard Kay said: "It was also the first time Meghan had seen any of her royal in-laws since March 2020.

      "Intriguingly it involved a fifth member of the Royal Family who was not present at either meeting – Princess Eugenie.

      "The princess who is temporarily living in her cousin’s Frogmore Cottage with her husband Jack Brooksbank and their son August, is thought to have played an ‘encouraging’ role behind the scenes.

      "She is Harry’s closest royal ally – she and Jack visited the Sussexes in California earlier this year – and is also close to the Queen."

      Fans overjoyed as Harry & Meghan driven in mini cars

      Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were taken for a spin by children in mini cars at the Invictus Games in the Netherlands earlier today.

      And fans of the Sussexes took to Twitter to compliment just how cute the couple looked.

      One wrote: "So sweet!"

      While another said: "Adorable"

      And a third wrote: "Harry is a Diana 2.0!"

      'Why I had to prepare 150 plates of food for the Queen '

      COOKING for the Queen means that everything has to be perfect as former royal chef Darren McGrady well knows.

      In fact Darren, who worked for the royals for 15 years and cooked at Buckingham Palace, Sandringham and Balmoral, has revealed that when it came to banqueting events he had to prepare no less than 150 plates of food for Her Majesty.

      Speaking Coffee Friend, Chef McGrady said: “There were no food tasters, no. 

      “Some Royals had their food prepared separately away from guests at big banquet events. 

      “However, with the Queen, we would prepare 150 plates and the Queen’s page would come in and pick one at random. 

      “That way, if you were to tamper with the food you would have to tamper with all of them. 

      “From our perspective, it also meant we had to get the same standard across every plate, not knowing which one the Queen would be eating.”

      When it came to picking a dish to serve, Darren said cooks went through a 'regimented' process.

        Source: Read Full Article