MOTHER’S Day is today but finding the best way to express our love and feelings for our mum or mother figure isn’t so easy.
Here are some suggestions that might give you some inspiration and put a smile on her face.
The Sun is on hand to add a bit of extra sparkle to Mother’s Day.
Send your messages to the special woman in your life and thank her for everything she does, send her a fun poem or simply tell her you love her.
We will publish the best.
To make her day that extra bit special, email your words of love and appreciation to [email protected]
Here are some suggestions to tell your mum just how much she means to you:
- Mum, you’re the best. Thanks for all you do. Happy Mother’s Day
- Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum ever. I love you to the moon and back again
- Wishing you a fabulous Mother’s Day. You’re the best mum I could have asked for
- Happy Mother’s Day. I feel so blessed to have you as my mum. Thanks for always believing in me and doing so much for me. I love you
- To the best mum in the world, happy Mother’s Day. Have a great day
- Out of all the mums in the world, I am so glad that you're mine
- Wishing you a Mother-s Day that is amazing as you are
- Happy Mother's Day. I hope your day is as special as you are to me. You mean so much to me
- I hope I can see you soon, mum, to give you a big hug – but for now these flowers will have to do!
- Thank you for inspiring me every single day and for being my best friend
- I love you, mum. I know I don't say it often enough , but I want you to know how much you mean to me
As millions write cards for Mother’s Day on March 14, 2021, a thoughtful quote can help to make your message even more meaningful.
Here are some of the best:
- Everything I am you helped me to be
- Mothers are like buttons they hold everything together
- To the world you are a mother, but to your family you are the world.
- Not always eye to eye, but always heart to heart
- A mother’s hug lasts long after she lets go
- A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest
- If mums were flowers, I'd pick you
- ‘A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.’ —Tenneva Jordan
- 'Motherhood: All love begins and ends there' -Robert Browning
- 'All that I am, or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother' -Abraham Lincoln
- 'If love is as sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love'-Stevie Wonder
- 'God could not be everywhere, and therefore he made mothers' -Rudyard Kipling
- 'Mother's love is peace. It need not be acquired, it need not be deserved' -Erich Fromm
- 'A mother's arms are more comforting than anyone else's' -Princess Diana
- Good mums have sticky floors, messy kitchens, laundry piles and happy kids – Author Unknown
- God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers – Jewish Proverb
- Mum, great job, I’m awesome
- Happy Mother’s Day to someone who carried me for nine months and financially for much longer
- Happy Mother's Day to the person who stood between me and a life of crime
For All That You Have Given Me
For all that you have given me,
I can return but love. For you
Bound up the wounds I did not see
And gave me hopes and passions new.
I can return but love for you,
Whose unmoved faith my heart did move,
And gave me hopes and passions new,
And loved me till I turned to love.
Whose unmoved faith did my heart move?
The mother of my heart, not blood,
Who loved me till I turned to love.
And I became the soul I would.
The mother of my heart, not blood,
Bound up the wounds I did not see.
And I became the soul I would
For all that you have given me.
A Mother's Love
A Mother’s love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may,
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away,
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking,
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems,
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation,
A many splendored miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God’s tender guiding hand.
-Melanie Steiner Rice
To My Mother
To-day's your natal day;
Sweet flowers I bring:
Mother, accept, I pray
And may you happy live,
And long us bless:
Receiving as you give
My Mother is a special gift,
A special gift that God gave to me.
I’d be lost and lonely without her,
If God took her away you see.
I love her so very much,
That I couldn’t bear to live without her healing touch.
Thank-you God for giving me such a loving Mother,
For I wouldn’t want to be a part of no other.
Source: Read Full Article