Meghan Markle news – Prince William 'terrified Harry will betray him and plaster private chats all over American TV'

PRINCE William is “worried” that private conversations with his brother will be “plastered over American TV”, a source has revealed. 

One source close to Prince William said: “There's a lack of trust on both sides which makes moving forward very hard. 

“William is now worried that anything he says to his brother will be plastered over American TV.”

The princes have barely spoken to each other for more than a year after Harry and Meghan announced Megxit on their Sussex Royal Instagram page.

It comes as a royal expert claimed Meghan Markle knowingly misled the world when she hinted Archie wasn't made a prince over "concerns" about his skin colour.

The Duchess of Sussex made the shocking claim during the bombshell interview she and Prince Harry took part in with Oprah Winfrey, plunging the Royal Family into their biggest crisis since the 1936 abdication.

But the claims have been widely criticised, with royal experts saying the rules had changed long before Meghan was part of the Royal Family and there's no way the Duchess wouldn't have been aware of that fact.

The update meant minor royals well down the line of succession like Archie and Princess Eugenie's son August were never going to princes from birth.

Speaking on Royalty TV's The Royal Beat, correspondent Katie Nichol said the couple would have been well aware of the rules and branded their claims "misleading".

“Meghan would have known [that this was for an established constitutional reason] and Harry would definitely have known," she said.

"I think it was disingenuous to throw all this together and suggest that Archie wasn’t a Prince because of the colour of his skin. I think it was misleading," she added.

For full details and analysis of the sensational interview, follow our live blog below.

  • Hana Carter

    MEGHAN AND HARRY’S MONTECITO ESTATE INVADED TWICE BY INTRUDERS OVER XMAS

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly had a trespasser caught at their Montecito home not once, but twice over the Christmas period.

    Law enforcement sources told TMZ a 37-year-old man named Nickolas Brooks was first caught trespassing at the home on Christmas Eve.

    Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s officers reportedly let him off with a warning.

    However, Brooks reportedly showed up on the property again on December 26 – when he was arrested and charged with one count of misdemeanor trespassing.

  • Hana Carter

    DUCHESS SLAMMED ON GOOGLEBOX

    Gogglebox was hit by Ofcom complaints as the cast mocked the royal family and joked Meghan Markle could "get a job on EastEnders" after the Oprah interview.

    But the jokes have landed them with 51 complaints from Britain's broadcast regulator for "anti-royalist commentary".

    The Gogglebox cast watched Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.

    Prince Harry told the former chat show host that The Firm suggested Meghan start acting again to cover their security costs after they alleged it had been withdrawn.

    Stephen Webb replied by saying: "What did they want her to do? Get her a part in EastEnders?"

  • Hana Carter

    THE LATEST

    • Piers Morgan’s Meghan Markle rant and Alex Beresford row receives most Ofcom complaints EVER with 57,121 objections
    • Palace fury at ‘breach of trust’ as ‘private’ Meghan Markle gets TV pal to reveal ‘unproductive’ talks between royals
    • Palace ‘refuses to give ‘running commentary’ on private conversations’ after Meg & Harry revealed ‘unproductive’ talks
    • Trump says he HOPES Meghan Markle will run for president in 2024 as he’s ‘not a fan’ & backs Queen after Oprah interview
    • Piers Morgan accuses Meghan & Harry of ‘malicious campaign’ to ‘smear the Royal Family as bunch of heartless racists’
    • Meghan & Harry trespasser has assault conviction & admits he was high when he broke into grounds of Montecito mansion
    • Prince Philip, 99, leaves hospital ‘in good spirits’ and waves as he returns to Windsor Castle two weeks after heart op
    • Hana Carter

      OVER 4,350 COMPLAINTS TO OFCOM FOR AIRING MEG AND HARRY INTERVIEW

      ITV has been hit with 4,398 Ofcom complaints after airing Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's explosive Oprah interview.

      The tell-all chat, which was watched by 12.4million viewers when it first aired in the UK, made a series of fierce revelations about the Royal Family.

      Ofcom has not revealed which elements of the interview the complaints referred to.

    • Hana Carter

      WILL WORRIED OVER PRIVACY

      Prince William is “worried” that private conversations with his brother will be “plastered over American TV”, a source has revealed. 

      One source close to Prince William said: “There's a lack of trust on both sides which makes moving forward very hard. 

      “William is now worried that anything he says to his brother will be plastered over American TV.”

      The princes have barely spoken to each other for more than a year after Harry and Meghan announced Megxit on their Sussex Royal Instagram page.

    • Hana Carter

      HARRY, WILLIAM & CHARLES SPEAK FOR FIRST TIME SINCE INTERVIEW

      Prince Harry has spoken to William and Charles for the first time since his bombshell Oprah interview – but the talks were reportedly “unproductive”.

      Meghan Markle’s pal Gayle King revealed she spoke to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex over the weekend as the fallout from the chat continues.

      She told CBS This Morning Harry had spoken to his brother and dad Prince Charles for the first time since the explosive interview aired last Sunday.

      But Gayle said those talks were “unproductive” as the royal rift deepens.

    • Hana Carter

      APPLE PLUG

      Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's interview was a "clear plug" for the Duke's Apple deal with Oprah, a TV insider has claimed.

      Oprah gave the upcoming mental health series a shout out during the bombshell interview – which was part of Harry's agreement as "co-partner and co-creator", according to claims.

      Harry's lucrative deal with Apple includes promotional work – which could include its mention during the two-hour interview, according to an LA consultant who works with the company

      The source says that the Apple media deal was a "paying gig" for Harry and that he was expected to promote the show as part of the deal.

    • Hana Carter

      MEG 'WOULD HAVE DROPPED CHAT IF PRINCE PHILIP CONDITION WORSENED'

      Meghan and Oprah’s close friend has revealed that their explosive interview WOULD have been postponed if Prince Philip’s condition had worsened.

      Gayle King, a presenter on CBS, the network which screened the £6.5million sit-down, confirmed that bosses had monitored the health of Prince Harry’s 99-year-old grandfather.

      “They had done that interview before Prince Philip went into hospital and if something, God forbid, had happened to him, the interview would not have run at this particular time,” she said.

      “But the interview was done and was scheduled before he went into the hospital.”

    • Ben Hill

      TRUMP WEIGHS IN

      Donald Trump has vowed to battle Meghan Markle for the presidency, if she runs for the White House.

      The former US leader said he would relish taking on the Duchess of Sussex in a presidential run and backed the Queen in the Megxit fallout.

      Trump has not ruled out campaigning for the White House again in 2024.

      In a TV interview, speaking of Meghan’s rumoured run, he said: “Well, I hope that happens because if that happened, I think I'd have an even stronger feeling toward running."

    • Ben Hill

      UNPRODUCTIVE TALKS

      Talks between the Duke of Sussex and his brother and father after the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview have not been "productive", a confidante of the duke and duchess said yesterday.

      The couple are relieved that a dialogue is under way but upset that stories that are "very disparaging against Meghan" keep appearing in the press, said Gayle King, a leading American television journalist.

      All that the couple want is "a conversation" but no one from the royal family has contacted Meghan to address her claims that she was refused help when she felt suicidal during her time as a working royal, added King, 66, who covered the couple's wedding in 2018 and is a close friend of Winfrey.

    • Ben Hill

      STAYING SILENT

      Meghan Markle’s friend Gayle King stayed silent about the royals yesterday – 24 hours after revealing the unproductive conversations between Harry, William and father Prince Charles.

      The TV host, 66, who went to Meghan’s baby shower, did not mention the Sussex’s despite a report on her CBS This Morning about Sharon Osbourne.

      Rocker’s wife Sharon is fighting for her job on US show ‘The Talk’ – also on CBS – after initially siding with Piers Morgan over his comments on Meghan’s Oprah interview.

      Sharon, who got into a bust-up with her co-host Sheryl Underwood, has since been accused of racist and homophobic language towards her colleagues.

    • Ben Hill

      RECORD COMPLAINTS

      Piers Morgan's rant about Meghan Markle has broken records to become the most complained about TV moment of all time.

      The telly host quit Good Morning Britain after Meghan made a formal complaint to ITV bosses when he said he "didn't believe a word" of the couple's Oprah interview.

      His row with weatherman Alex Beresford attracted a whopping 57,121 complaints, regulator Ofcom has revealed.

      It comes as Harry and Meghan's biographer Omid Scobie hit back against palace fury saying it was OK for Gayle King to leak private conversations with the Sussexes.

    • Katie Davis

      COUPLE 'WOULD HAVE PULLED OPRAH CHAT IF WORST HAPPENED TO PHILIP'

      Meghan and Oprah’s close friend has revealed that their explosive interview WOULD have been postponed if Prince Philip’s condition had worsened.

      Gayle King, a presenter on CBS, the network which screened the £6.5million sit-down, confirmed that bosses had monitored the health of Prince Harry’s 99-year-old grandfather.

      “They had done that interview before Prince Philip went into hospital and if something, God forbid, had happened to him, the interview would not have run at this particular time,” she said.

      “But the interview was done and was scheduled before he went into the hospital.”

      Philip arrived home at Windsor in "good spirits"  this weekafter his longest ever stint in hospital.

    • Katie Davis

      MEGHAN MARKLE TOLD PIERS MORGAN ‘I WANT TO BE PRESIDENT’

      In 2015, Meghan Markle reportedly told Piers Morgan: “As a kid, I wanted to be either the president or a news broadcaster like you”.

      Former editor of The Times, Sir Simon Jenkins has said: “Her friends and associates affirm that she is a political animal. Such is her fame, she could perfectly well follow a route taken by a certain Ronald Reagan.”

      But the Mail of Sunday reports that Meghan’s involvement in politics could be problematic.

      It is likely she would have to renounce her Royal title if she wanted to hold public office as it would because it cross the US oath of allegiance.

    • Katie Davis

      TRUMP ‘SAYS HE’D BE 'CANCELLED LIKE PIERS MORGAN' IF HE CRITICISED MEGHAN MARKLE’

      Donald Trump has claimed he would be “cancelled like Piers Morgan” if he were to “say anything negative about Meghan Markle”.

      The former President said he always thought the Duchess of Sussex was “no good” but feared speaking out following her tell-all interview with Oprah.

      Read more here.

    • Katie Davis

      PHILLIP SCHOFIELD TELLS HARRY AND MEGHAN TO 'SHUT UP NOW'

      THIS Morning's Phillip Schofield has hit out at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after their explosive interview with Oprah Winfrey.

      Phillip, 58, was grumpy during a segment about claims that members of the Royal Family are still yet to speak to the Duchess of Sussex following the interview.

      He accused the pair of "stabbing a knife through the heart of the monarchy".

      Hosts Phil and Holly Willoughby were joined by commentators Beverley Turner and Gyles Brandreth to discuss claims by journalist Gayle King.

    • Katie Davis

      ITV HIT WITH COMPLAINTS AFTER AIRING BOMBSHELL CHAT

      ITV has been hit with 4,398 Ofcom complaints after airing Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's explosive Oprah interview.

      The tell-all chat, which was watched by 12.4million viewers when it first aired in the UK, made a series of fierce revelations about the Royal Family.

      Ofcom has not revealed which elements of the interview the complaints referred to.

      The Duchess of Sussex told Oprah Winfrey of conversations with Prince Harry and a "family" member about their unborn son and what colour his skin would be – and "what that would mean or look like".

      But the 39-year-old declined to say who had started those conversations, saying it would be "damaging" for them.

    • Katie Davis

      'KATE MORTIFIED BY CLAIMS SHE MADE MEGHAN CRY'

      Kate Middleton is reportedly "mortified" by claims she made Meghan Markle cry during the wedding feud because she's "very careful with how she treats others", royal expert claims.

      In the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview earlier this month, Meghan shut down rumours that she made Kate, 38, cry over an incident concerning bridesmaids' dresses and insisted it was the Duchess of Cambridge who upset her.

      The incident happened two years ago when it was believed Meghan "left Kate Middleton in tears," but it re-emerged during the tell-all chat.

      Meghan revealed: "She (Kate) was upset about something, but she owned it, and she apologised. And she brought me flowers."

      She also said: "There wasn't a confrontation and I don't think it's fair to her to get into the details of that because she apologised, and I have forgiven her. What was hard to get over was being blamed for something that not only I didn't do, but that happened to me."

    • Katie Davis

      'I PRAY FOR THEM', SAYS MICHELLE OBAMA

      Michelle Obama has said it was "not a complete surprise" to hear Meghan Markle's claims of racism against the Royal Family.

      The former First Lady also said she "prays for forgiveness and healing" after Meghan and Prince Harry's explosive Oprah interview last week.

      Mrs Obama – who has called herself Meghan's friend – weighed in on the row to offer hope of a family reconciliation.

      She told NBC's Jenna Bush Hager: "Race isn't a new construct in this world for people of color. So it wasn't a complete surprise to, sort of, hear her feelings.

      "The thing I hope for, and the thing I think about is that, this first and foremost is a family. And I pray for forgiveness and healing for them, so that they can use this as a teachable moment for us all."

    • Katie Davis

      MEGHAN AND HARRY’S MONTECITO ESTATE INVADED TWICE BY INTRUDERS OVER XMAS

      Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly had a trespasser caught at their Montecito home not once, but twice over the Christmas period.

      Law enforcement sources told TMZ a 37-year-old man named Nickolas Brooks was first caught trespassing at the home on Christmas Eve.

      Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s officers reportedly let him off with a warning.

      However, Brooks reportedly showed up on the property again on December 26 – when he was arrested and charged with one count of misdemeanor trespassing.

    • Katie Davis

      CONTINUED

      Responding to the claims, Piers tweeted: “Hi @GayleKing – rather than acting as your Sussex friends’ PR mouthpiece to facilitate their ongoing public trashing of our Royal Family, how about doing your job as a journalist and ask them about all the lies they told in @Oprah’s interview?”

      “America should hear THE truth.”

      King also this week revealed Prince Harry had an “unproductive phone call” with Prince William – their first chat since the bombshell Oprah interview. 

      But sources told Vanity Fair that Wills was “worried” that private conversations with his brother could end up “plastered over American TV” following the revelation. 

    • Katie Davis

      PIERS SLAMS GAYLE KING FOR ‘ACTING AS COUPLE’S PR MOUTHPIECE’

      Piers Morgan has blasted Gayle King for “acting” as Meghan and Harry’s “PR mouthpiece” – and said she should ask the couple about the “lies” they told Oprah. 

      The former GMB presenter, 55, took aim at the broadcaster after she criticised the Royal family earlier this week.

      During the Oprah interview, Meghan claimed an unnamed royal had raised “concerns” about the skin colour of her and Harry’s children and alleged the Palace had denied her mental health support.  

      Speaking after the bombshell chat, Gayle King backed Meghan and said the Royal Family “has to acknowledge” its issue with race.

      She added: “Right now, no one has acknowledged, Houston we have a problem here.”

    • Katie Davis

      HARRY, WILLIAM & CHARLES SPEAK FOR FIRST TIME SINCE INTERVIEW

      Prince Harry has spoken to William and Charles for the first time since his bombshell Oprah interview – but the talks were reportedly "unproductive".

      Meghan Markle's pal Gayle King revealed she spoke to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex over the weekend as the fallout from the chat continues.

      She told CBS This Morning Harry had spoken to his brother and dad Prince Charles for the first time since the explosive interview aired last Sunday.

      But Gayle said those talks were "unproductive" as the royal rift deepens.

      She said: "Well, I did actually call them to see how they are feeling, it's true, Harry has talked to his brother and his father, too. The word I was given was, those conversations were not productive. But they are glad they at least started a conversation."

    • Katie Davis

      CONTINUED

      But he added: "I'm not a fan of hers.

      "I think that what she talks about the Royal Family and the Queen, and I happen to think, I know the Queen as you know, I met with the Queen and I think the Queen is a tremendous person and I am not a fan of Meghan."

      He also hinted at a return to the presidential race.

      Trump said: "Based on every poll, they want me to run again.

      "But we're going to take a look and we'll see."

    • Katie Davis

      DON V MEG?

      Donald Trump has said he would be even more tempted to run for re-election if he faced Meghan Markle in 2024.

      The former US President said he still isn't a fan of the Duchess of Sussex – after she slammed the Royal Family during her bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

      Meghan is rumored to have high-powered plans to launch a political career – aiming to take over the White House.

      Quizzed about her reported chats with Democrat power-brokers, Trump told Fox News: "Well I hope that happens because if that happened I think I'd have an even stronger feeling toward running."

    Source: Read Full Article