Meghan & Harry latest – Duchess' shocked Harry 'went behind her back' on key decision and new ring details

MEGHAN MARKLE was left shocked after Prince Harry left her out of a key decision, according to an insider.

This concerned following in his mother's footsteps and moving to Australia. 

Speaking to Woman’s Day, the source said: "Harry has a soft spot for Australia and given that his mum spent such precious private time here, it's no surprise he'd feel a calling to it and will want to search out what sounds like was once his mum's spiritual home.

"Meghan was very shocked at first – and she wasn't impressed that he went behind her back and did it – but she too would love to get her hands on something that was Diana's… even if it makes William furious!"

It has also emerged that shortly after the couple’s first wedding anniversary Harry had Meghan’s stunning engagement ring redesigned, and the plain gold band was replaced with a thinner micropavé one.

Follow for all the latest news on Meghan Markle and Prince Harry below…

  • MEGHAN AND HARRY NO LONGER GETTING MONEY FROM PRINCE CHARLES

    Newsweek reports that they are no longer receiving funds in the wake of their massive production deal with Netflix.

    The New York Times also confirmed this in a correction to their article announcing the Netflix deal.

    In a statement the paper said: “An earlier version of this article referred incorrectly to a source of income for Prince Harry and his wife, Meghan.

    “They do not draw income from the Duchy of Cornwall, as they did before they left Britain.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE REPORTEDLY ASKED ‘DON’T I HAVE A VOICE?’

    Meghan Markle ‘icily’ reportedly muttered under her breath while attending a function alongside Prince Harry and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 38.

    The incident took place when the two couples were still referred to as ‘The Fab Four’, according to Sarah Sands in the Mail on Sunday.

    The 39-year-old reportedly sat at the end of a line next to Prince Harry, 35, and the parents-of-three, but she couldn't wait for the microphone to be passed to her.

    Sarah recalled the incident, saying: “Meghan’s ‘ordeal’ in Britain was, to her mind, the subjugation of her voice.

  • WHY WAS THE INVICTUS FUNDRAISER CANCELLED?

    Harry and Meghan have pulled the plug on a £1million fundraiser to be screened by Amazon — after signing a £112million deal with Netflix.

    The Invictus concert, featuring stars such as Beyonce and Ed Sheeran, was planned for the Hollywood Bowl next June to raise cash for wounded war heroes.

    Sources claimed yesterday it had been canned because of a “conflict of interest”.

    But Meghan and Harry insisted it was down to Covid and the decision had nothing to do with signing for Amazon’s rival.

  • MEGHAN WENT THROUGH 'INTENSE CLASSES' BEFORE BECOMING A ROYAL

    Meghan Markle had to undergo some intense training before becoming a royal, Cosmopolitan reports.

    New book 'Finding Freedom', which chronicles her relationship with Prince Harry, says she was signed up to a “personal protection” course which involved a staged kidnapping scenario.

    Authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand wrote: “Meghan took part in a staged kidnapping, where she was bundled up in a car by a 'terrorist,' taken to a different location, and then 'saved' by officers firing fake guns (the kind used in Hollywood films) for realism.”

  • PRINCE HARRY 'EYEING UP AUSTRALIAN BEACH HOUSE'

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could be eyeing up a luxury Australian getaway, according to reports.

    A source told Aussie outlet 'Woman's Day': “Harry has a soft spot for Australia and given that his mum spent such precious private time here, it's no surprise he'd feel a calling to it and will want to search out what sounds like was once his mum's spiritual home.”

    They added: “Meghan was very shocked at first – and she wasn't impressed that he went behind her back and did it – but she too would love to get her hands on something that was Diana's… even if it makes William furious!”

  • BEATRICE'S WEDDING DRESS TO GO ON SHOW

    Another bit of royal news just in this morning.

    Princess Beatrice's vintage wedding dress is to go on public display at Windsor Castle.

    The Sir Norman Hartnell gown, first worn by the Queen in the 1960s, was loaned to Beatrice by her grandmother for her secret, low-key wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi in July.

    The wedding dress will be on show at Windsor in Berkshire from September 24 until November 22 2020, the Royal Collection Trust said today.

  • CLARKSON BLASTS NETFLIX DEAL

    Jeremy Clarkson has blasted Harry and Meghan's new Netflix deal.

    In an interview with The Sun, Clarkson said: “They will be drivel.

    “£100million to make shows and films that inform and give hope? Kill me.

    “I’d be much better making their programmes, as I don’t give a s**t about anything they give a s**t about. Just awful.”



  • NINE IN TEN BRITS SAY THEY'LL SNUB NEW NETFLIX SHOWS

    Nine out of ten Brits will not be tuning in to Harry and Meghan’s Netflix shows, according to a YouGov survey.

    64 per cent of respondents in the survey said they were “not interested at all” in watching shows produced by the couple.

    A further 20 per cent were “not very interested”.

    Only three per cent were “very interested” and nine per cent “fairly interested”.

  • HARRY 'LOVED MEGHAN'S DYNAMISM'

    Meghan Markle was viewed as “problematic” by the Royal Family – but Prince Harry “loved her dynamism,” it has been claimed.

    Royal journalist Omid Scobie said the Duchess of Sussex did not “fit” the Royal institution, but “that's what made her so exciting” to the Duke.

    Scobie, who recently released the book 'Finding Freedom' about Meghan and Harry, said many tried to extinguish Meghan's “very problematic” work ethic.

    Speaking on his podcast, The Heir Pod, he said: “Harry loved her dynamism, it’s what made her so exciting to be a team mate with and I think it was that and the things that we often celebrate about Meghan internally just didn’t fit in with the way things were done in the institution.”

    He added: “I think rather than anyone try to accommodate that different work ethic it was quickly seen as something very problematic and something that many tried to extinguish through leaking stories to the press or generally making the couple's lives difficult internally.”



  • DUKE AND DUCHESS 'COULD RAKE IN £75M FROM NETFLIX DEAL'

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry could rake in up to £75million after signing a mega-bucks deal with Netflix, experts say.

    Two executives involved in the discussions claimed representatives for the couple wanted to secure a deal worth around £75m, according to the US paper.

    PR guru Jonathan Shalit says Harry and Meghan will net between £37m and £75m. 

    He told The Sun: “It is a staggering deal.

    “Never before has a Hollywood studio got hold of British royal family – this is historic.

    Meghan and Harry will hire shadow producers to do the work but their names alone attached to Netflix are gold dust.”

    Read the full interview with Mr Shalit here.

  • ROYAL COMMENTATOR SAYS INVICTUS FUNDRAISER CANCELLATION 'TRAGIC'

    Royal expert Angela Levin has said it is “tragic” that Prince Harry and Meghan have cancelled their Invictus Games fundraiser due to be shown on Amazon.

    She wrote: “Harry was brilliant at energising wounded ex service people.

    “How tragic that he has suddenly withdrawn from helping them raise much needed funds.

    She added: “They must feel abandoned.”

  • 'OFFICIALS AT INVICTUS FOUNDATION STUNNED AFTER CANCELLATION'

    Officials at the Invictus Foundation were left “stunned” when lawyers for Prince Harry and Meghan called them to tell them the news of the cancellation of the Invictus Games fundraiser.

    A source told the Sunday Times: “It's very bad form and everyone at Invictus is gutted.

    “Harry said yes to doing this last year and everything was still moving forwards until a few weeks ago.

    “This was going to be a big moment for Invictus where the pot is pretty empty, and it has left them in the lurch. Harry needs to pull his finger out to find another way to raise funds for them.”

  • 'DON'T I HAVE A VOICE?'

    Meghan Markle was allegedly overheard saying “Don't I have a voice?” at an event with William, Kate and Harry.

    Daily Mail columnist Sarah Sands claims that an acquaintance of hers was in in attendance at an event.

    According to Sarah, her source remembers “the microphone moving down the line,” first to William, and then to Kate and later Prince Harry.

    The Duchess allegedly muttered “Don’t I have a voice?” under her breath, and it was heard by those close enough to hear her.

    Sarah wrote: “Meghan’s ‘ordeal’ in Britain was, to her mind, the subjugation of her voice.

    “A colleague who was at a broadcast by the Royal Family’s short-lived Fab Four – how poignant it is to recall the two couples looking so happy together – remembers the microphone moving down the line: William…Kate…Harry…

    “Meghan, at the end of the line was disinclined to wait. ‘Don’t I have a voice?’ she asked, icily.”

  • MEGHAN 'DREAMING OF OSCAR WIN FROM NETFLIX DEAL', PAL SAYS

    Meghan Markle's “dream” is to win an Oscar from her new Netflix deal, a pal has said.

    The Mail on Sunday reports that a friend of the Duchess claims the award is “all she's ever wanted”, and said she used to practice her acceptance speech in front of the mirror.

    Meghan's friend told the paper: “An Oscar is all Meg has ever wanted. She used to practise her acceptance speech in the mirror with a hairbrush when she was a kid of seven.

    “She would also practise her signature in preparation for all the autographs she would give.

    “Her absolute dream was to achieve the EGOT – the grand slam of showbusiness – which is winning an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony award.”

  • MORE ON THE 'DIANA DOCUMENTARY'

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are in talks to make a documentary about the life of Princess Diana, it's reported.

    The film, which would apparently be a tribute to the princess's legacy, could form part of a deal with Netflix thought to be worth £112million.

    If the Princess Diana documentary goes ahead, it will cover her life and the legacy of her work, the Sunday Mirror reports.

    A source told the paper: “The Sussexes are discussing making a feature documentary on Princess Diana’s family history and heritage.

    “It is early stages but it is looking like it could happen.”

    They added: “It will work as a tribute to Diana and build on all the incredible charity work she has done.

    “Netflix would also love to make a documentary about Diana and it is something they have been pushing for.”

  • PRINCE PHILIP'S 'FURY'

    Prince Philip was left devastated by grandson Harry's decision to leave the UK and son Andrew's alleged role in the Epstein scandal, his biographer has claimed.

    The duke is the subject of a new book by longtime royal watcher Ingrid Seward, which tells the story of his early life and seven decades as a member of the royal family.

    In an extract from her book, published in the Mail on Sunday, Seward claims Philip felt the decision was a “dereliction of duty”.

    She writes: “As far as Philip was concerned, Harry and Meghan had everything going for them.

    “A beautiful home, a healthy son, and a unique opportunity to make a global impact with their charity work.”

    Read the full story here.

  • HARRY AND MEGHAN 'CANCEL' FUNDRAISER

    It's been reported this morning that Meghan and Harry's new Netflix deal has scuppered plans the prince had to host a huge Invictus Games party.

    The Duke was set to help raise £1million for the games with a show in California next June, the Mirror reports.

    The event was scheduled to be broadcast on Amazon.

    But the company is a rival of Netflix – and it's now claimed the couple has stepped away from the event.

  • MEGHAN 'WANTS AN OSCAR' FROM NETFLIX DEAL

    There's lots of news out there about Meghan and Harry's new £112m Netflix deal.

    And apparently the Duchess hopes she'll land an Oscar as a result of the series.

    Here's the story.

    Image: Getty

  • JEREMY CLARKSON SLAMS HARRY AND MEGHAN'S NETFLIX DEAL

    Jeremy Clarkson has slammed Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's multi-year Netflix deal.

    A statement from the couple says they aim to create content that “informs but also gives hope”.

    Speaking exclusively to The Sun, the TV presenter said: “They will be drivel. £100million to make shows and films that inform and give hope? Kill me.

    “I’d be much better making their programmes, as I don’t give a s**t about anything they give a s**t about. Just awful.”

  • ROYAL AUTHOR CLAIMS PRINCE HARRY FELL FOR MEGHAN’S ‘DYNAMISM’

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got engaged in 2017 following a whirlwind romance.

    Royal commentator, Omid Scobie, reveals what first attracted Harry to Meghan.

    Speaking in his podcast The Heir Pod, Omid, who co-authored Finding Freedom, said: “Harry loved her dynamism, it’s what made her so exciting to be a team mate with and I think it was that and the things that we often celebrate about Meghan internally just didn’t fit in with the way things were done in the institution.

    “I think rather than anyone try to accommodate that different work ethic it was quickly seen as something very problematic and something that many tried to extinguish through leaking stories to the press or generally making the couple's lives difficult internally.”

    He added the Duchess of Sussex did not “fit” the Royal institution, but “that's what made her so exciting” to the Duke.

  • NETFLIX ‘EXCITED’ TO HAVE HARRY AND MEGHAN ON BOARD

    Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have signed a multi-year deal to produce content for Netflix, and the bosses gushed over how happy they were to have the couple on board.

    Ted Sarandos, a co-chief executive and the chief content officer at Netflix said: “Harry and Meghan have inspired millions of people all around the world with their authenticity, optimism and leadership.

    “We’re incredibly proud they have chosen Netflix as their creative home – and are excited about telling stories with them that can help build resilience and increase understanding for audiences everywhere,” The Guardian reported.

    The couple released a statement confirming the deal, saying: “Our lives, both independent of each other and as a couple, have allowed us to understand the power of the human spirit, of courage, resilience and the need for connection.

    “Through our work with diverse communities and their environments, to shine a light on people and causes around the world, our focus will be on creating content that informs but also gives hope.

    “As new parents, making inspirational family programming is also important to us, as is powerful storytelling through a truthful and relatable lens.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE COULD RUN FOR US PRESIDENT, CELEBRITY AGENT PAL SUGGESTS

    Meghan Markle could run for president, a celebrity agent who knows the Duchess has claimed.

    Jonathan Shalit says it isn't “beyond the realm of possibility” for Meghan to enter politics – but admitted he had “never heard” her discuss the subject.

    In an interview with the Sunday Telegraph, Mr Shalit said: “She's American-born, she has every right to run for president.

    “Ronald Reagan was a B-list actor who ended up in the White House. Never say never.”

  • FORMER ACTRESS MEGHAN IS ‘DESPERATE’ FOR AN OSCAR, PALS SAY

    Meghan Markle hopes the deal she and Harry made with Netflix will land her an Oscar, it's been claimed.

    It was confirmed this week that the couple secured a £112million deal with the streaming service and plan to produce a range of 'inspirational' programmes.

    The former Suits star, 39, left her acting career behind when she married into the royal family, but now Meghan hopes to finally get the Academy Award she's always wanted, a source told The Mail on Sunday.

    A long-time friend told the publication: “An Oscar is all Meg has ever wanted. She used to practise her acceptance speech in the mirror with a hairbrush when she was a kid of seven.

    “She would also practise her signature in preparation for all the autographs she would give.

    “Her absolute dream was to achieve the EGOT – the grand slam of showbusiness – which is winning an Emmy, Grammy, Oscar and Tony award.”

  • MEGHAN MARKLE IS DISTANTLY RELATED TO SHAKESPEARE

    Genealogists revealed Meghan is distantly related to both William Shakespeare and Winston Churchill.

    The research carried out by MyHeritage.com found Meghan is the Bard's fifth cousin 13 times removed on her mum Doria Ragland's side.

    And Meghan, who was born in LA, is a sixth cousin five times removed of prime minister Churchill through British settler Zachariah Howe.

  • THIS IS MEGHAN MARKLE’S REAL NAME – AND YOU MIGHT RECOGNISE IT

    She is known around the world as Meghan Markle, but her real name is actually Rachel.

    It is the same as her character in hit US TV show Suits, where she plays paralegal-turned-lawyer Rachel Zane.

    It is not known which name herhusband Prince Harry calls her by.

    The Queen used Meghan's full name when she officially blessed the couple's marriage, saying: “My Lords, I declare My Consent to a Contract of Matrimony between My Most Dearly Beloved Grandson Prince Henry Charles Albert David of Wales and Rachel Meghan Markle, which Consent I am causing to be signified under the Great Seal and to be entered in the Books of the Privy Council.”

Source: Read Full Article