AVIATOR jackets is an outerwear trend that is going nowhere, much to our delight.
The style is popular every autumn and winter, as it provides warmth, comfort, but is super stylish too.
Aviator jackets, also known as flight jackets, have been styled off the American Army’s Aviation Clothing Board back in 1917.
At the time they were not so much a fashion statement, but a necessity and part of the official uniform.
Fast forward over 100 years, and the style is back, and now considered one of the most fashion able trends around.
Aviator jackets are similar to a bomber jacket, but have a thick collar, as well as a shearling, or fur-lined interior, for extra warmth.
The on-trend style comes in a variety of designs, from leather outerwear, various inner linings, cropped, regular, oversize and longer lengths, as well as different colourways.
High street brands, including Mango, M&S, as well as River Island, and many other retailers, have plenty of Aviator jackets to shop.
We have sifted through the online shelves and rails to find the best aviator jackets for you to invest in this winter, and rely on for many more years to come, because, let’s face it, this trend is revived every year.
Read More Shopping Stories
Uggs are back for 2022 as demand is up 455% – here’s where to buy them
Levi jeans, Ugg boots and Nike Air Max – most iconic fashion items revealed
Shop our top picks of aviator jackets
M&S’ Shearling Aviator Jacket is back after proving to be a sell-out success in previous years.
This design comes in black and khaki, falls just below the bottom, and is lined with a faux fur interior to keep the elements at bay this winter.
- Faux Shearling Aviator Jacket, £75 from M&S – buy here
Mango has an impressive selection of aviator jackets to shop, from long length designs, to shorter, vibrant hues, to classic black and tan variations.
Some feature fur lining on the inside, while others are on the outside, or with the subtle addition of borg accent details.
- Double face fur effect coat, £119.99 from Mango – buy here
Michelle Keegan has long created stylish fashion collections with Very, and one range includes a Borg Aviator Bomber Jacket, which is currently on sale.
For those looking for a hybrid between a borg coat, aviator, shearling, bomber jacket, you have met your match, as this stylish design will go with everything, see you from day to night, and keep you warm on the coldest of winter days.
- Michelle Keegan Borg Aviator Bomber Jacket, £48 (Was £60) from Very – buy here
& Other Stories
& Other Stories has taken the aviator jacket back to its origins with its Pilot Jacket.
This creation is a similar style to the classic bomber jacket, giving us mega Steve McQueen vibes, with the addition of a fur collar detail to achieve the aviator look.
- Pilot Jacket, £135 from & Other Stories – buy here
River Island is one of the go-to high street brands we swear by for everything, from outerwear to jeans, stylish dresses and comfy clothes too.
This design in particular caught our attention as it is the reverse of the typical aviator jacket, as it features the soft faux fur detailing on the outside, and we are here for it.
- Faux Fur Aviator Coat, £68 (Was £85) from River Island – buy here
On the hunt for a classic, and affordable, aviator jacket to see you through the winter season? New Look has you covered.
The longstanding high street retailer has created the perfect style, with leather look exterior, and a comfy teddy lining inside. It comes in black and tan, so we don’t blame you if you buy both.
- Dark Brown Leather-Look Teddy Lined Crop Aviator Jacket, £56.99 from New Look – buy here
ASOS stocks a whole host of fashion retailers from Topshop to Monki and many more in between, so you are bound to find something to suit your needs.
Shoppers truly are spoilt for choice when shopping aviator jackets online at ASOS as there are plenty to pick from.
- ASOS DESIGN faux leather bonded borg aviator jacket, £65 from ASOS – buy here
Boohoo is an inclusive fashion brand many know and love, whether you are looking for outerwear, dresses, or comfy loungewear.
Our latest favourite is the Borg Buckle Cropped Aviator Jacket, although it is selling out fast.
- Borg Buckle Detail Cropped Aviator Jacket, £76.50 (Was £90) from Boohoo – buy here
Nasty Gal is another go-to shopping destination for those shopping affordable, yet luxe looking, garments.
One high on our wishlist is the Longline aviator jacket, which is destined to keep you extra warm when the winter chill really sets in.
It features a PVC wet-look exterior with teddy fur detailing on the pockets and hems, and a cosy furry inner lining, plus it falls just above the knee.
- Plus Size Contrast Trim Faux Leather Longline Aviator, £36 (Was £120) from Nasty Gal – buy here
For those looking to splash out and invest in a trusted aviator jacket to see them through the years, Allsaints has you covered.
The Lorel Flying Shearling Jacket gets our seal of approval as it falls to the hips, is a flattering straight fit, and is made from luxurious lamb leather exterior with a soft sheepskin interior.
- Lorel Flying Shearling Jacket, £899 from All Saints – buy here
Reiss is another high end high street retailer to shop for aviator jackets.
What we love about this design, and makes the hefty price tag a little more justifiable, and it's two-in-one because it is reversible.
- Reiss Mila Reversible Sheepskin Aviator Jacket, £998 from John Lewis – buy here
For those in need of a cropped aviator jacket to see you through the season, and is slightly more flattering than the longer designs, PLT has you covered.
This Cropped Belted Aviator can be paired with combats, baggy jeans, as well as skirts and dresses, making it the perfect go-to for all outfits and occasions.
- Black PU Cropped Belted Aviator, £47.85 (Was £55) from PrettyLittleThing – buy here
Top Early Black Friday Deals Right Now
BLACK Friday may still be a few weeks away (November 25), but retailers have started dropping some excellent early Black Friday deals already. We’ve done some digging and have pulled together a list of the top deals you can snap up right now:
- Emma Mattress, save up to 60% off – buy here
- Oodie Hooded Blankets, £69 (save £20) – buy here
- No7 Ultimate Skincare Collection gift set, £41 (save £44) – buy here
- 4 months of Audible for £12 (save £20) – buy here
- Save 25% on toys, including Squishmallows at Argos – shop here
- Save 20% on Sonos home theatre sets – shop here
- Get a FREE laptop when you buy a Samsung Galaxy A13 – buy here
- Get Sky TV & Netflix from less than £1 a day with Sky Stream – here
- Simba Mattress, up to 55% off – buy here
- Cordless Shark Vacuum, £199.99 (save £70)– shop here
- We've rounded up all the best Black Friday deals here
- These are the best Amazon Black Friday deals
- Check out Sun Vouchers for more discounts
*We may earn revenue if you click the links above and buy the products but we never let this affect our recommendations. Remember to shop around on Black Friday to make sure you're getting the best price.
Most read in Fabulous
Watch moment Camilla 'scolds' Kate for Charlotte's behaviour at Queen's funeral
I have big boobs – my trick lifts with no bra for a plunging neckline
My Halloween costume is 'the best ever' – but people pointed out a big problem
I'm a mum-of-6 and have strict rules to cope – they sound crazy but I don't care
Uggs are back for 2022 as demand is up 455% – here’s where to buy them
Primark fans go wild for £6 Ugg mini dupes – they’re almost identical and so comfy
Quilted jackets are the trend that won’t go away – these are the best ones to buy under £50
Looking for more stylish savings at your favourite fashion chains? Visit Sun Vouchers where you’ll find amazing discounts and voucher codes for hundreds of fashion retailers including ASOS, Very, River Island, Pretty Little Thing, New Look and more.
Source: Read Full Article