Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal exit has made the Palace ‘a lot calmer’ without them ‘kicking off’

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

A royal source has taken a swipe at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle by claiming the Palace is "a lot calmer" without the pair "kicking off."

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are aged 36 and 39 respectively, stepped down as "senior" members of the Royal family in March 2020 to embark on a new life in Canada, before settling in California.

It was announced in February that the pair had decided to permanently step down from their roles, losing all royal patronages by doing so.

Harry's uncle Prince Andrew also stepped back from royal duties last year following controversy over his friendship with Jeffery Epstein, meaning The Firm was left three working royals short.

  • Meghan Markle 'spoke to The Queen' ahead of Prince Philip's funeral

  • Prince Harry met with the Queen ‘at least twice’ and spoke to Charles and William before returning to US

Get exclusive celebrity stories and fabulous photoshoots straight to your inbox with OK!'s daily newsletter. You can sign up at the top of the page.

Prince Edward and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, have since stepped up to help out with royal duties, with it being said there is now a "calmer" atmosphere at the Palace.

A source told the Mirror: "One of the main issues with Harry and Meghan when they were part of the working family was their inability to understand how things worked.

"It's been a lot simpler without them kicking off over why they couldn't just do what they wanted. Things are a lot calmer."


It is also reported that the family have scheduled a meeting to arrange the future business of the monarchy without Harry, Meghan and Andrew.

Sophie, who has been described as the Royal family's "secret weapon", is believed to be taking on an increased public role in the future.

Meanwhile, her husband Edward is thought to be helping support a revamped version of his late father Prince Philip's Duke of Edinburgh Awards in his memory.

  • Sign up to our daily newsletter for the BEST celebrity house tours and BIGGEST exclusive interviews

  • Download OK! magazine's FREE app and get all the latest gossip straight to your phone

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

Despite no longer being a working royal, Prince Harry is thought to have maintained his close relationship with The Queen, and met with her "at least twice" in between Prince Philip's funeral and leaving the UK to return to the US on Wednesday.

The co-author of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's biography Finding Freedom, Omid Scobie, wrote for Bazaar.com: "The love and respect he has for his grandmother will always be unwavering.

"This trip was to honour the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives.

The Royal Family

  • Kate Middleton sticks to royal proto…
  • The Queen prepared Prince William to…
  • Inside Prince Charles' £1.2m Welsh f…
  • Katie Price shares throwback picture…
  • Inside Meghan Markle’s second pregnancy including cravings, daily yoga and home renovations

  • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's Oprah Winfrey interview sees Ofcom complaints skyrocket over 6,000 in a month

"It was very much a family-focused period of time. Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length.

"The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered."

OK! online has contacted a representative for The Duke and Duchess of Sussex for comment on this story.

Source: Read Full Article