Alec Baldwin's cell phone targeted in 'Rust' investigation, plus more news

Investigators obtain warrant to search Alec Baldwin’s phone: Report

Police investigating the “Rust” set shooting death of Halyna Hutchins have reportedly obtained a warrant to search Alec Baldwin’s cell phone. According to TMZ, the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Department previously asked the actor for his phone, but police were advised to get a warrant first. The outlet now reports a judge approved their warrant request on Dec. 16, presumably giving them access to emails between Alec and the movie’s head armorer, Hannah Gutierrez-Reed. Documents filed related to the warrant request referenced Alec having told police about his alleged conversations with Hannah prior to the start of filming. He reportedly looked at different guns and knives that might be used for the movie before in their emails. According to court filings reviewed by TMZ, he asked for a bigger gun. The weapon Alec was holding when it discharged in October was a replica of an 1873 Colt 45. Earlier this month, Alec said during an interview with ABC News that he knows he was not responsible for Halyna’s death. The investigation is reportedly ongoing.

RELATED: Stars we lost in 2021

Kim Kardashian says North, 8, is Kanye’s ‘twin’

Over the weekend, Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West’s 8-year-old daughter, North, took full advantage of the new TikTok channel she and her mom recently launched by going live without permission. A brief but hilarious “house tour” ensued — and ended quickly after North strolled into Kim’s room and filmed Kim in bed. She giggled and announced, “Mom, guess what? I’m live.” Kim could be heard scolding her before the video cut out. This week, Kim shared some insight into North’s mischievous move during a chat with Bari Weiss for her Substack channel “Common Sense.” When Bari suggested that the SKIMS founder is also a bit of a rule-breaker, Kim agreed but said North’s TikTok idea was more in line with her dad’s DNA. “I guess you’re right. Like, I do break the rules. I didn’t really think about it that way. I’m cautious. I care so much about what other people think that I try to do it in a respectful way, even if I break them,” she said. “I mean, North West is Kanye West’s daughter,” she added. “Forget that, she’s his twin. So she will still definitely do all of the above.” Kim and her ex, Kanye, share four kids and as Kim assured Bari, “in my household, there are rules.” She also said she and North have talked about what happened since. “She felt really bad about that, and she apologized to me and she said ‘I saw on TikTok that I got in trouble and I’m really sorry.’ And she got it,” Kim shared.

Chris Noth denies sexual assault allegations

“Sex and the City” star Chris Noth has issued a formal denial of allegations he sexually assaulted two women, one in 2004 and another in 2015. The allegations came to light on Dec. 16 via The Hollywood Reporter, which interviewed the women but did not reveal their actual names. “The accusations against me made by individuals I met years, even decades, ago are categorically false,” Chris told CNN. “These stories could’ve been from 30 years ago or 30 days ago — no always means no — that is a line I did not cross. The encounters were consensual. It’s difficult not to question the timing of these stories coming out. I don’t know for certain why they are surfacing now, but I do know this: I did not assault these women.” The first woman said she was assaulted in 2004 in Los Angeles. She told THR that while she didn’t file a police report, she did go to UCLA’s Rape Crisis Center two years later for mental health treatment. According to THR, UCLA confirmed the center treated her, but couldn’t give details about the nature of her care. The second woman claimed Chris assaulted her in 2015 in Los Angeles. She didn’t file a police report, either, but told THR she confided in a friend about the incident shortly after it happened. The women said they decided to go public with their stories because of the attention Chris is getting from his role on the “SATC” reboot, “And Just Like That …” In the wake of THR’s report, Peloton took down its new ad featuring Chris, according to the outlet. he was promoting the exercise bikes because of a (spoiler-laden) reference to him being on one in the new series.

Jeff Garlin exits ‘The Goldberg’ after internal investigation

On Dec. 16, Entertainment Weekly confirmed Jeff Garlin has exited ABC’s “The Goldbergs” amid allegations he said things and physically interacted with others in a way that made people on the set uncomfortable. According to EW, it was a mutual decision that the cast and crew members were made aware of on Dec. 15. News of his departure follows a recent Vanity Fair interview in which Jeff, 59, denied rumors he’d been fired but admitted there’d been an internal investigation into his conduct on the show. “I have not been fired from The Goldbergs,” he said categorically in the interview, published Dec. 3. Asked about the complaints made about his behavior that sparked the three-year investigation, Jeff seemed to chalk the issue up to either a misunderstanding or a “political correctness” issue. “It’s always the same thing. It’s about me and my silliness on set,” he said. “They don’t think it’s appropriate. I do. That’s where we’re at. I’ve not been fired because of it. We just think differently.” He went on to cite hugging as one of his behaviors that was reported to human resources. According to an unconfirmed report from Page Six, ABC used a body double for Jeff to get through filming the last scenes he was scheduled for in the ninth season of “The Goldbergs.” As of Dec. 16, it was unclear whether his “Goldbergs” exit would also affect his work on “Curb Your Enthusiasm.”

Chris Pratt, Katherine Schwarzenegger expecting their second child together

And baby makes … four! Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger are expecting their second child together, People reported on Dec. 16. The couple’s daughter, Lyla, was born in 2020, and Katherine’s already been so inspired, she launched an Instagram series about motherhood this year. “About this time last year, I became a mama. What a magical year it’s been,” she shared in August. “I watch my little girl in awe as she grows and changes — moving from infant to baby to now the toddler phase! Clearly, I have fully embraced the mommy and me matching moments,” she continued, “… the girly outfits, the bows and the wonderful things my mom saved for me to pass on to her.” Chris, who said “I do” to Katherine in 2019, also shares a 9-year-old son, Jack, with his ex, Anna Faris.







Source: Read Full Article